Underseal should I pay or d.i.y

nissanman312

Evening people

I'm looking into having the z fully undersealed I'm looking at 500 ish pounds for full clean down arch liners out etc

Any rusty bits cleaned down and etched primered

And then sealed

Should I pay to have this done? or am I being lazy and should i really get on a friends ramp and get my sleeves rolled up!

They chap I'm looking at to do it dose some beautiful work with restoration on evos mainly .

I have every reason to trust in him to do nice job but is this a diy leavel job should I do it ?

If you are confident in his work £500 isnt that much to do it properly I reckon 2 to 3 days work. It took me 10 days to do my Evo myself but I removed the fuel tank , exhaust and prop etc

Of course being an import the Evo barely had paint in places let alone underseal, the 370 is pretty well protected and doesnt really "need" any further attention

If you are confident in his work £500 isnt that much to do it properly I reckon 2 to 3 days work. It took me 10 days to do my Evo myself but I removed the fuel tank , exhaust and prop etc

Of course being an import the Evo barely had paint in places let alone underseal, the 370 is pretty well protected and doesnt really "need" any further attention

Yes he's very good and transparent with what he dose

I didn't think the price was that bad but didn't know what was involved really

Upside of him doing it it less hassle and there will be paperwork for the folder

I plan on keeping it for quite a long time to be fair

But seems you guys think it's pretty well protected as is

I've spent a fair bit of time under mine and its pretty well protected , the braces etc could probably do with being removed and powercoated , that's something I'm planning to do to mine

Imports however dont tend to have much if any underseal so its a must for them

This was my R33 Skyline before and after

4657_zps0txrzaxk.jpg

4620_zpshefwjhfp.jpg