car covers

Flex

So the Mrs bought me one of these for the Skyline (she just bought it without any consultation, tut, tut):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maypole-9871-Breathable-Car-Cover/dp/B000W4GEKE/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

I've read some horror stories about covers really knacking up your body work, I take it that as it will be indoors and it's breathable that I wont have any issues??

If there's the slightest chance of any issues I'm taking the bugger back to the shop and swapping it for something else.

I used the exact same one for a previous car, whilst it did cover it well - I think it has an elastic trim to cling to the bumpers - but once its wet, its a bugger to dry, and if you put it on wet, say, since it snowed in the night, then melted, it will freeze to the car the next -0. I stopped using it in the end.

Depends on how much you use the car, if its sat there for weeks at a time not moving then go for it. Otherwise I wouldn't bother. I had one on my VX220 which went on for bad weather but in summer left it off, I remember getting it then putting it on and we had a storm and finding a load of branches from trees on top of the car the next morning, thank you Halfords for your £40 4 layer cover!

I've been covering my Nismo for two years because it lives out on the street. The paintwork is absolutely fine. Don't be put off by horror stories. As said above, you just need to make sure the car is clean before the cover goes on. I suspect a lot of people give up on a cover because it can seem like a real pain putting it on, taking it off etc but with some practice it's easy. Just don't try doing it in a high wind!

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1

As he said, it really isn't much of a faff once you get the knack of it, also just make sure the car is clean before applying. Had one on my VX for 6 months absolutely no problems at all and if you think Nissan paint is poor...

• Like 2

It's never (or rarely) going to be outside with the cover on, it's for inside to stop dust or if me or more likely the mrs walks past with something scratchy sticking out of our bodies. Just a little extra protection.

Thanks peeps :)