Thoughts on: Glyn Hopkin Nissan (Garage, Milton Keynes)

OliverB

If it's generic servicing and you're happy paying the extra, then I'd just go there. As it's that close, it's almost a no-brainer.

If it's replacing parts or something more specific then I'd go elsewhere, just to save the cost.

If it's generic servicing and you're happy paying the extra, then I'd just go there. As it's that close, it's almost a no-brainer.

If it's replacing parts or something more specific then I'd go elsewhere, just to save the cost.

Thanks @Ekona - by paying extra, do you mean they'll charge above the odds for parts and labour than somewhere like Japex? I'd need to figure out whether the time and effort of taking the car an hour down the road would be worth it. Cheers.

Any main dealer will almost certainly be more than an independent, labour as well as parts. That said, you can haggle their costs too, so I'd give them both a call and see what you can get the service for.

I'm lazy as hell, so I'd just take it to GH and be done with it :lol:

Personally I would avoid even passing near by Glyn Hopkin, after the experiences I had with their branch in Watford. Took my 350z to be serviced, collected the car and on the way to the hospital to see my wife, lost the undertray on M1 as they haven't put all bolts, no brakes after lots of air trapped in the system while they've replaced the brake fluid. It's described in details somewhere in here.

That's a completely different branch though. It's like saying don't use Tesco in Glasgow as the one in Dartford had some out of date lettuce on the shelf. ;)

To balance it up, I always used GH in Bishop's Stortford for all the work on my old car, and they were flawless. Great customer service too, especially when I was being awkward and asking for things out of the ordinary.

I've just spotted I'll be living very close to this garage (<1 mile). The reviews online are rather mixed to say the least.

If they are any good, that'd be fantastic and save me the hours' drive to Japex.

Suggestions very welcome!

(linky: http://www.glynhopkin.com/nissan/contact-us/nissan-milton-keynes/)

I got my p3 service done there last year for around £350. Can't complain about service, they kept me informed and dropped me off where I needed to be.

However think I'll start using trader's on here/diy to save money.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi I just had my P3 service , Aux belts , spark plugs with lifetime HKS filters done at Cougar store Leicester last week Thursday 24/03/016 . Fantastic service , kept me informed all the way . Would thoroughly recommend Mitz at Cougar store (Trader on the forum) :teeth:

I will be changing my exhaust to a cobra resonated system in a couple on months as well as replacing the clutch (release baring very noisy) suffice o say I wll be going back to cougar store :D:boxing: