Bosch Iron brand new

saint

Brand new Bosch Sensixxx DA50 in Red, box opened but not used. Bought today after my iron died, but it's since come back to life. It cost £65, I'll sell for £55 plus £5 postage. So not much off but its better helping a zed owner than PC world (who wont refund me)

I'll also swap for literally any zed bits you have laying around of equal value, it was a lot of money to me so I need to cheer myself up somehow.

post-23643-0-08245600-1452463305_thumb.jpg

post-23643-0-94285600-1452463394_thumb.jpg

PC World / Currys are being strict and saying opening the box invalidates the return policy. I could try it as a polisher, not sure it'd be a good idea though!

As for the backstory - my iron conked out and I needed a new one pronto as I had a huge pile of shirts to sort out for work. I opened the box on the new one thinking itd be safe to put the receipt there, so that next time around I can use the warranty. Bad move... because it turns out my old iron was having a funny mood, and came to life later in the day.

So, anyone want an iron? :rant:

I'm pretty sure they can't refuse a refund just because the packaging is open?

If it was bought in shop and is not faulty then they don't have to refund:

Myth 2. ''If I change my mind, I can get a refund''

Wrong – if the item is not faulty, you have no rights to a refund or exchange unless you buy online (see below). The same applies if goods are the wrong size, unless they are clearly not the size described. Some shops may offer refunds or a credit note as part of their own in-store policies. Returns within 28 days is the policy at most stories, although for the Christmas period many shops will allow items bought in December to be returned as late as January 31.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/money-saving-tips/11302318/Refused-a-refund-Five-shopping-myths-debunked.html

• Like 1

^^^ That.

PC World themselves state: "An unwanted product can be returned within 21 days of delivery as long as it's still in original, unopened packaging." if you buy it in store.

This is exactly what the customer services said. I will go back tomorrow and butter them up with an offer for store credit. So i'll be selling that next... but in the meantime, anyone want my ruddy iron?

Edit: Or does anyone know a PC world manager with a zed? :p

Edited by saint