Wrap dudes

Jetpilot

Could some of the pros give me some advise please, if you went for a satin wrap would you care for as per normal, wash, wax etc or would you use the specific matt detailers?

In my experience of wrapping my 03 satin black, I have never waxed it, only wash & towel dry it and only use a smidge of nanolex matte detailing fluid when I need to.

The satin wraps actually look really good when they start to "gloss up" apparently, but I'm not at that stage yet with mine.

Coincidentally - the matte / satin cleaning fluid has another, cheaper alternative that is fool proof.

Window cleaner.

I @*!# you not, that stuff is amazing and costs a fraction of the price. I accidentally sprayed some on my zed at SCS when doing the windows and it did exactly the same when I wiped it off. Top tip.

20150517_152003_zpsbrlmmbbi.jpg

Edited by -G-
  • Like 1

As a detailer I wouldn't touch a matte/satin wrapped car/painted car with anything other than Swissvax Opaque range.

Expensive but amazing.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That's the exact same product the wrappers said that use :thumbs:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He also has a 380RS ;)

Just getting its SVA - be a thread on it once it's legal :-)

Hateful places, spent many an hour in those places worrying that a radius wasnt less than 2.5mm or a piece of wiring wasnt clipped at the right distances or whatever other udderly ridiculous waste of time some goverment jobsworth wanted to fail you for.

For the people that have never been an example, you could go in with a tyre down to the canvas with wire braids exposed and pass if the correct markings are there, but a decent tyre with perfect tread, Michelin, Goodyear etc will fail if it doesnt have the correct uk markings.

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

Had a valid "Shaken" (車検) before it left Japan & was guaranteed as "unmolested" by Nissan themselves so I'm confident it wont be rejected on anything serious. Little sneaky peek wont hurt, will it?

received_617272928413519_zpsletw1j4a.jpeg

• Like 3