Diff + traction control

Bodyboarder81

Hi all , just after a bit of info .

At the moment im on the standard lsd from the factory . In the summer months i genrally switch the traction control off as i feel it hinders the cars performance . In the colder/wetter months i leave it on as a safety net . Am i right in thinking that a proper lsd ( i will be buying a quaife ) will give me better traction in the wet and so the traction control wont kick in as much ?

Any help appreciated

• Like 1

I presume i am as the traction control kicks in ..... I run 285 mpss on the rear . But would a proper diff help the wheels from not spinning up and thus not trigger the traction control? Its going to H-dev next month for fitment of the new coilovers and full corner weighting / set up . But im thinking i might ad a quaife diff to the list of parts being fitted while its there ........ Also looking at the 3.9 final drive sets but not many people have had first hand experience with them , and if im having traction issues im pretty sure it would get worse with the 3.9's

The way I understand it is the diff will propel you out of corners better. as it's shifting the power to the wheel that's not lifting and moving the power to the wheel with the best traction

When I asked dom how his felt he said it felt like vtec for corners lol

I'm also keen on this but understanding the 350 one isn't a direct fito in the 370 and one shafts needs to be shorter. And a 350 shafts used as the diff sits slightly of center in the pumpkin

I was going to start a thred for info but I've said it on yours now :)

• Like 1

It won't help traction at all in the wet. The only time a diff really works is on tighter corners where you have to really slow down, but a different diff won't help you out any more than the OEM one would if it's raining. The only thing that will is decent rubber and a gentle foot.

It's an awful lot of money to spend when you could probably put it to better use elsewhere tbh. :)

It won't help traction at all in the wet. The only time a diff really works is on tighter corners where you have to really slow down, but a different diff won't help you out any more than the OEM one would if it's raining. The only thing that will is decent rubber and a gentle foot.

It's an awful lot of money to spend when you could probably put it to better use elsewhere tbh. :)

Interesting I hear so many different opinions on diffs. A chap I know put a quaife on his c63 he said it was night and day

• Like 1

Round corners, yes. In a straight line or in differing conditions, no. Think about what a diff does, and how it works, and you have your answer.

I don't have an LSD in mine, but I'd like to get one at some point as I just p*ss power away exiting from slow corners.

Where else could i spend the money more wisely ?

On the car that is!!

Edited by Bodyboarder81

Qualifie and those shorter gears will transform your average accelerating supercharged Zed into a super mad nuts 'super car territory' acceleration Zed. The diff will help with putting the power through the tyres properly. Your car is already very desirable on this forum, me included. I saw it at Ace Cafe and it's a very clean build. Please do the diff and shorter gears. Will be insane mate.

• Like 1