new bulbs in what a ball ache

cov350z

so i upgraded my headlight bulb to 6000k as i couldnt tell if my lights were on or off with the bulbs that were in there driving around town

bulbs are great see my thread for pics

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/102783-zena-the-warrior-princess/

but i had a right ball ache doing it. those arch liners really dont want to come off do they and not easy to get to bolts/pins. i was lazy and didn't fancy jacking the car up so just done it while on the floor next time i will defiantly be putting it up in the air.

bruised nuckles and cuts all over but please with the end result so its all good

this is why we do things are self isnt it. suffer the pain to get the reward of doing it ourselves

• Like 1

just some ebay ones i seen someone used on here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D2R-6000K-White-HID-Xenon-Bulb-2-Replacement-Bulbs-Headlight-35w-Lamp-Light-UK/251069668408?_trksid=p3693.c100102.m2452&_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140212121249%26meid%3Db458cb77f8904a80b4018e3dc6a897bf%26pid%3D100102%26

only £10 for the pair cant complain not sure on if they'll last but at a 10a i can afford to change them 10 times before i meet the cost of so called high quality ones at £50 each

I had mine replaced last year when I added Day Running Lights. I've also got some Ebay specials 6000k and swapped those orange indicator light bulbs with slivertec bulbs. As OP said, its PITA to get to the tight spots and mine was a little bit easier as I took the whole unit out.

As for night performance, I don't think these Ebay specials are any brighter than OEM ones (they looked nice and not overly bright to dazzle others). If you are driving a lot at nights, I would go for those Osram or Philips night breaker or something similar.

Edited by veeg33

I did mine yesterday, wheels off arch clips and two screws per side. Took about 50 mins in total as the N/S sidelight wiring was a little to short and the LED bulb was longer than stock so getting it in was a pain. Definitely take the wheels off next time mate its easier.

Going to upgrade mine shortly to 6000k bulbs, definitely jacking the car up to do it though.

Will just install 6000K H7 high beam kit while I am about it so the light output matches on all the bulbs.

Edited by Bigjimg