Ooops....

T-Bear

did you go for the option as suggested here of selling the car and buying a "sensible" one for "appearances"

Still got the car but looking to sell as it high speed trouble is not good.

If anyone wants a 350 with rear seats that will happily sit at 140mph+ then just PM me. Spot on car, low milage at a great price

Lucky man.

However, kudos for coming back and owning up. And I genuinely mean that.

Cheers. Yes, very lucky.

Also might have something to do with the fact I was early and when signing in held the door open and said hello to an official guy who worked there.... next time I saw him he was one of the magistrates.

Off topic but you got any pictures of the rear seat conversion and did you do it or buy it that way?

Nissan 350GT I think.

Pete

Oh bugger of course! I've seen 350 conversions done in the US but not many here.

Off topic but you got any pictures of the rear seat conversion and did you do it or buy it that way?

Nissan 350GT I think.

Pete

Oh bugger of course! I've seen 350 conversions done in the US but not many here.

Yes, Nissan Skyline 350GT.

Passenger & boot space is better than most small hatchbacks.

You'd have to hate your passengers if you converted a Zed to a 2+2.

I'm back..... yay.

This thread certainly did create a bit of a divide between those who sympathised with me and those of you who just think I'm a tool.

Anyway, I know you're all itching to hear how I either was burned at the stake or got taken into custody and given a good spanking....

I took your advice and gained representation from a lovely lawyer who used constructive remarks like:

"My client is an idiot. He accepts & understands that"

"If my client were driving dangerously he would also be charged with dangerous driving and that is not the case"

"My clients car is easily capable of in excess of 160mph"

and somehow they saw that I was merely a nice guy who sticks to 30, likes kids, works hard and occasionally drives a bit too fast on an empty dual carridgeway.

So they fined and then banned me.

Moral of the story...... don't speed.

The verdict just for reference..

45 day ban, £130 fine and the worst was having to get on public transport. Ugh.

Ouch for the ban! The fine doesn't seem to bad though! But I guess lawyer fees set you back a bit. Did you have to pay a police fine and victim support on top?

Why sell the car though? Most cars these days will do 120 easy so changing your car won't help ;)