Decats and fumes

nissanman312

Exhaust smells in the cabin are usually due to small leaks in the exhaust manifolds or the joints from manifold to down pipe, never had any smells that where not the result of a leak on any of my cars, turbo or N/A.

Also a good idea to rout catch can outlet back to intake or at least pipe to under the car to avoid nasty niffs.

Edited by Tricky-Ricky
  • Like 1

This is strong and it's the same smell from the back of the car fuel for sure

I know you get a bit of a wif bit this is strong

Does it actually smell strongly of petrol though?

I had a similar problem with my car at one point, ...I put it down to the De-Cats at first but as it persisted I investigated it further. Turned out I had a fuel leak in my engine bay coming from the FPR (fuel pressure regulator) which was dangerously dropping fuel onto the exhaust pipes/manifolds below.

I fixed it by having a new pipe made for the FPR as the old one had developed a hairline crack which was the cause of the fuel leak. Very dangerous but luckily I found the leak. :thumbs:

• Like 1

This is strong and it's the same smell from the back of the car fuel for sure

I know you get a bit of a wif bit this is strong

Does it actually smell strongly of petrol though?

I had a similar problem with my car at one point, ...I put it down to the De-Cats at first but as it persisted I investigated it further. Turned out I had a fuel leak in my engine bay coming from the FPR (fuel pressure regulator) which was dangerously dropping fuel onto the exhaust pipes/manifolds below.

I fixed it by having a new pipe made for the FPR as the old one had developed a hairline crack which was the cause of the fuel leak. Very dangerous but luckily I found the leak. :thumbs:

It's smells more like strong burnt fumes

But I will investige that one cheers

Interesting! I've got what I've always thougth is a 'decat smell' with mine too, ever since running the Stillen SC (I had test pipes done at the same time).

Smells a bit fruity, particularly at idle/cold start and of course if reversing, so I have put it to just fumes from the back.