Rear bumper Led indicator/fog/ reversing light by carlab

Tuck

• 2 weeks later...

I love these lights but I feel they suffer from a bit of an issue with the seal. For me, one side had major issues with water leakage, and the other side now has 1 LED in the fog light that's being a bit temperamental. I heard it's quite common for aftermarket lights to have crappy seals, but it was news to me as it's the first set of lights I've ever purchased. :surrender:

I would definitely recommend going over the seal again with silicon or something. Might be obvious to some, but thought I'd chime in as it may help more novice members on here like me :)

Other than that, great product :thumbs:

Cheers fellow Farnhamer Hodaka :thumbs:

I shall get some sealant for it before fitting them, it has crossed my mind after I saw the water issue.

No problem :)

And oh, didn't realise you're Farnham-based. Hello! :teeth:

Not a midnight blue 350z by any chance? Just saw one at Sainsburys near Shepherd and Flock.

Cheers fellow Farnhamer Hodaka :thumbs:

I shall get some sealant for it before fitting them, it has crossed my mind after I saw the water issue.

No problem :)

And oh, didn't realise you're Farnham-based. Hello! :teeth:

Not a midnight blue 350z by any chance? Just saw one at Sainsburys near Shepherd and Flock.

I have a black car, and back in London late last night bud :)

I bought some Granville Clear Silicone Sealant, it's exactly for this kind of thing too.

That's me never going out in the rain in the zed again then! I hope these lights don't become a problem.

Well, that pretty much means never taking the zed out again in this country :lol: But yeah, although it's a PITA I'd take off the bumper and seal them just to be sure.

I have a black car, and back in London late last night bud :)

I bought some Granville Clear Silicone Sealant, it's exactly for this kind of thing too.

Ah right, not you then!

And yeah, that's the exact thing I plan to use (when I get around to it) except mine is black. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Price varies with the price of the dollar I'm afraid!

I'd maybe advise using sealant around the sealed unit.

Carlab Licence plate lights coming soon

Sent from my potato using duct tape

• Like 1

I ended up wiring my one the same as ZEUS, although I kind of think I should have done it with the running lights now, ho hum.

It wasn't too bad aside from the top white clips that you have to rotate 90deg,and getting it back on required a helper.

One light also had the wrong notch sticking out at the end so I had to dremel a bit away from the bumper housing so that it's slotted together.

Spent far too long fannying around today, and don't really want to remove the bumper again!

• Like 1

Mine are still in their box unfortunately as I ruined my left knee ligaments on Dartmoor 3 weeks ago. I can't kneel or anything at the moment, let alone scrabble around on the floor with tools :rant::(

I toyed with the idea of dipping the lights in a bucket to see if they have leaks in the name of forum science - but quickly changed my mind on that one :lol:

Construction and quality is pretty good, but agreed a little more sealant around the lens-to-body wouldn't hurt and would be invisible when installed in the bumper. There are a couple of dots on the back of the body which could be smothered a bit more and it would be good to add some around where the loom goes into it's grommet. Plenty of tape and cable tying the sheath is a good plan to keep the loom dry. I assume the (what looks like a) breather port doesn't leak and keeps water out properly :thumbs:

Oh yeah - those white plastic 90 degree twist clips can be a pain if there is any hint of separation between the metal stay and bumper shell. Right pita in fact :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

Is this still available or is eBay my destination? Haha looking to get some smoked ones for my black Z next month

Yeah just email them on the link that Tuck put up and wait for them to arrive, oh and mention that it's through the 350z uk owners club.

• 3 weeks later...