Rear bumper Led indicator/fog/ reversing light by carlab

Tuck

This inspection applies to the one rear fog lamp which is required to be fitted to the centre or offside of vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1980.

Note: A rear fog lamp is permitted to operate independently of headlamp, position lamp or ignition systems.

Personally, that's something I'm more than willing to sort as these do look great! :D Thanks Tuck again for sorting :thumbs:

So the car wouldn't pass MOT with these bulbs due to missing Fog?

This inspection applies to the one rear fog lamp which is required to be fitted to the centre or offside of vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1980.

Note: A rear fog lamp is permitted to operate independently of headlamp, position lamp or ignition systems.

Personally, that's something I'm more than willing to sort as these do look great! :D Thanks Tuck again for sorting :thumbs:

Not the way Hodaka has them wired up but if you wire the brake light into the fog light circuit they will pass.

• Like 1

Not the way Hodaka has them wired up but if you wire the brake light into the fog light circuit they will pass.

Cool thanks! So what colour wire is the Fog one then that I need to splice into? Thinking just to do this on the right side, as that's where the wire is I imagine.

Cool thanks! So what colour wire is the Fog one then that I need to splice into? Thinking just to do this on the right side, as that's where the wire is I imagine.

The fog light on the car I don't have clue, it will be on the right hand side indicator connector. There should be a wire in the right loom that is different from the left loom, try using a multimeter to figure out which is which.

Sent from my potato using duct tape

The fog light on the car I don't have clue, it will be on the right hand side indicator connector. There should be a wire in the right loom that is different from the left loom, try using a multimeter to figure out which is which.

Fair enough, if a wire is there on the right side that's not there on left I will try that, otherwise I'm just gonna run them both with the brakes, and get my mate up north to do my MOT's from now on haha

Fair enough, if a wire is there on the right side that's not there on left I will try that, otherwise I'm just gonna run them both with the brakes, and get my mate up north to do my MOT's from now on haha

Ill have a look tomorrow and try and wire up mine so they work with the fog light instead of the running or brake lights

Sounds good about the fog light. I plan to have a go as well, but after we exchange/complete/move in to our new house. Finally get a garage! A bit small and old, but can't complain! :D

Quick update regarding Car Lab support. I emailed them yesterday night and they've replied. We've only just started the back and forth, but from their response they definitely seem to be helpful so looking good so far. :) Again, will update you guys as things progress, as customer support is obviously important in case things like this happen.

Sounds good about the fog light. I plan to have a go as well, but after we exchange/complete/move in to our new house. Finally get a garage! A bit small and old, but can't complain! :D

Quick update regarding Car Lab support. I emailed them yesterday night and they've replied. We've only just started the back and forth, but from their response they definitely seem to be helpful so looking good so far. :) Again, will update you guys as things progress, as customer support is obviously important in case things like this happen.

A garage would be ideal in this weather! Yeah i've emailed them too, seem to take a little while to reply then its back and forth.

Any response regarding the water ingress into the lamps?

They are sending a new unit out to him, free of charge obviously! Dodgey housing maybe Hodaka?

I've sent them some pics and a video. They emailed me today saying they're investigating and will get back to me within 24-48 hours, so once I hear back I'll let you guys know. Definitely seems like a dodgy housing to me. The water's still in there in fact (it hasn't evaporated).

The lights looks absolutely awesome, so as long as this gets sorted I'll be very chuffed. :)

Will let you guys know once I know more.

• Like 1

Just a quick update. Car Lab got back to me this morning and said they'll be sending over a new offside unit to replace the one that's faulty :thumbs:

Now just need the courier company not to drop it / step on it / use it as a seat etc... on it's way over :lol:

• Like 2

Just a quick update. Car Lab got back to me this morning and said they'll be sending over a new offside unit to replace the one that's faulty :thumbs:

Now just need the courier company not to drop it / step on it / use it as a seat etc... on it's way over :lol:

Try use some sealant around all the joins, may help if its an on going problem

You could also wire it into both brake and fog light functions with a diode in each wire in series to stop the voltage feeding back into the wrong circuit.

You would then have them functioning as brake lights when the fog switch isn't on and fogs when it is.

This is what I have done with the JDM Toys central 370z fog/reverse/brake/tail/light

• Like 2

You could also wire it into both brake and fog light functions with a diode in each wire in series to stop the voltage feeding back into the wrong circuit.

You would then have them functioning as brake lights when the fog switch isn't on and fogs when it is.

This is what I have done with the JDM Toys central 370z fog/reverse/brake/tail/light

This sounds like a great idea, but you lost me at Diode and Series, i'm probably being stupid, but any chance you could provide a diagram or guide to illustrate?

Gosh, love it! :teeth:

Just to clarify I do understand you correctly, is the below image correct? I don't really know much about selecting components - what diode would you recommend?

Untitled-1_zpsxvesuaia.jpg

This sounds like a great idea, but you lost me at Diode and Series, i'm probably being stupid, but any chance you could provide a diagram or guide to illustrate?

Once I get around to it, I'll take some pics etc... assuming you don't get clarification from Flyboy/someone else before then. I'll be doing this after I get my replacement OS unit though, so will be a few weeks.

Edited by Hodaka
  • Like 1

Once I get around to it, I'll take some pics etc... assuming you don't get clarification from Flyboy/someone else before then. I'll be doing this after I get my replacement OS unit though, so will be a few weeks.

Sounds good, iv'e done a little google just now. Im guessing just two diode's needed for the offside (drivers side) carlab light. you would also need to know which wire is the fog light wire coming from the car.

A quick look on ebay I found this: its rated 3A. http://tinyurl.com/gnz55s6

Edited by DarmoZ
  • Like 1

Gosh, love it! :teeth:

Just to clarify I do understand you correctly, is the below image correct? I don't really know much about selecting components - what diode would you recommend?

Untitled-1_zpsxvesuaia.jpg

You have it.

Exactly like that.

A 1N40001 or 1N4002 would be fine

such as this

http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I have bought off this seller and parts arrive in a couple of days

Edited by flyboy
  • Like 3

These look great and I'm definitely interested...

Can someone get a close up photo of smoked fitted? ;)

I'm unsure about the running light and brake lights, not sure they look like they belong, are these easy enough to not wire in?

These look great and I'm definitely interested...

Can someone get a close up photo of smoked fitted? ;)

I'm unsure about the running light and brake lights, not sure they look like they belong, are these easy enough to not wire in?

I'll see if I can get a close up once the weather clears up. Horrible weather down here right now! :wacko:

As for not wiring in the running/brake lights, it's actually easier if you don't want them as the rest of it (indicators & reverse light) is literally plug 'n play. Just disconnect your old lights, connect the new ones, and possibly tape up the running/brake light wires as you won't be splicing/soldering them :thumbs:

Hopefully I explained that ok?

*EDIT* Just found this - maybe it will help as you can see the wiring. Just use the connector, and ignore the green/blue wires as you won't need them if you don't want running/brake lights.

Untitled-2_zpsntqtyd9k.jpg

Edited by Hodaka
  • Like 1