fifth gear

ir_fuel

Ok, Top Gear series has ended so I amused myself by downloading this season's Fifth Gear episodes. (Mind you I am from "the other side of the water", so we don't have that show on tv here ;) )

:headhurt:

My god, except for the fact that they don't hate motorcycles like JC, what is this stuff :wacko: ? VBH constantly screaming and giggling like a 14-year old .... The only person in that show worth watching is Tiff Needell. I really get the impression they are trying to imitate Top Gear but they just can't cut it (in doing crazy stuff with cars). I mean, maybe the ideas are not so bad but they lack a bit in punch and creativity (like that episode where they try running a car without oil. Couldn't they think of anything more original to do than just drive around in rounds until the thing seized? Now wahaa, what a surprise, the engine broke without oil, behold!).

Anyhow,

I want Top Gear back :rant: (at least until the MotoGP/WSBK season starts :teeth: )

I don't mind 5th gear to be honest :blush:

compared to top gear though :headhurt:

you dont mind 5th gear purely because of your hunger for car related progs

Of course its no where near as good as Top Gear but I still sky+ it as its car based and means I don't have to endure things like corrie and eastenders etc ;)

Of course its no where near as good as Top Gear but I still sky+ it as its car based and means I don't have to endure things like corrie and eastenders etc ;)

Having just seen something called Vroom Vroom on Sky3 I've got a new found respect for Fifth Gear. What a pile of sh1te! :dry:

The main bloke (him with the FA Cup ears) seems to think that fitting a rear wing to a car will give it more traction off the line..... :wacko:

Having just seen something called Vroom Vroom on Sky3 I've got a new found respect for Fifth Gear. What a pile of sh1te! :dry:

The main bloke (him with the FA Cup ears) seems to think that fitting a rear wing to a car will give it more traction off the line..... :wacko:

Spot on Digsy, Vroom Vroom is total 5h1te

I find the production really poor on it - loads of time the presenters are looking at each other as if they don't know what to say. Doesn't watch as smooth as Top Gear.

Its not too bad though, seen a lot worse. One of the channels has some bloke looking at auctions and reviewing cheap cars - now that is dire. Got a relatively fit bird on it but still dire.

EDIT - Used Car Roadshow - that might be the one.

I find the production really poor on it - loads of time the presenters are looking at each other as if they don't know what to say. Doesn't watch as smooth as Top Gear.

Its not too bad though, seen a lot worse. One of the channels has some bloke looking at auctions and reviewing cheap cars - now that is dire. Got a relatively fit bird on it but still dire.

Hope your not refering to the show with the fat bloke who used to be on Top Gear? She's not even relatively fit. :yuck:

Hope your not refering to the show with the fat bloke who used to be on Top Gear? She's not even relatively fit. :yuck:

You might be right, have to try and find a photo. :blush:

Edit: won't post a photo - Penny Mallory and definitly not smart. I'm sure I meant Zoe Harman, she's fit.

Fifth gear is 90% tosh, but Tiff certainly can drive :drive1

AMEN! He can punish a race course. I do love Top Gear but the 2005 5th Gear series that Speedvision telecasted here in the states was a good season. I taped most of it and still watch it. I love watching Tiff slide that Boxter S through their test track.

vicky is a good driver :teeth: (for a girl) :lol:

Pit her against the likes of Clarkson, Hammond and May, I am sure she would see them off, but McCarthy (sorry, the Stig) - well thats another matter...... refreshes.gif

she could see may off if she was walking :lol:

I think May struggles to push a grocery cart without causing vast supermarket mayhem. Still, it's good television!