Flat spot?

silinda

Hi all, i have a question, i have a sort of flat spot especially at low revs so changing from 1st to 2nd can be jittery sometimes and if i let the revs fall in any gear down to about 1500rpm there is a second or so hesitation before lift off for acceleration, any ideas?

Silinda I have exactly the same as you. 58 HR with 43k miles. No upgrades. I also get the jittery throttle response if I turn a corner in 2nd and then accelerate gently the once through. I get a small hesitation and then a shove in the back. It's hard to move slowly if the revs have dropped. Service booked next week - not sure whether to replace the plugs even though they were done at 28k. I'll let you know if it goes next week.

• Like 1

Yep that's it. I'm new. Only had the car a week. Other than the hesitation (which I can smooth out if I pre-empt and sort of blip the throttle before an idle) it's brilliant. Just read about re-maps; would that help / sort it? This forum is bloody good by the way. :)

this is a real pain for me too. though when the engine has just warmed up (idle revs drop, water temp at normal) she can be just fine, from 1K to 2K as smooth as you like. then later on in the trip if i hit traffic she can start bucking. she is better having gone back to stock air intakes, that felt like a switch going on and off, now it's more like a lump in the way.

i know my sparks are fine, maybe the maf needs a clean, but mapping is off the cards until next year due to insurance.

it makes those 3 lane car parks a real chore in an otherwise fantastic car to cruise up and down the country in. i am getting used to it, just use higher revs than i need and more clutch work. but it's a shame to have to do that as she can be impeccably behaved at times

I said I'd come back with news post service.. the car is even better to drive than when I picked it up. The hesitation is gone. I think this is a combination of factors.

1. Service

2. Car has had the 'learn mode' reset for me. This is supposed to help since the exhaust was replaced a little while back too.

3. I've got more used to the car at low speed

My instinct is that the order of effect is 2 then 1 then 3. Hope this helps.

Hi, the issue you guys are talking about is due to the exhaust cam control issue.

We have noticed that the exhaust can control PID closed loop program is too aggressive. When the ECU takes control of the exhaust cam it retards the cam initially to far causing the hesistation(stutter) as the cam position isn't ideal for a short period.

We do have a work around on this issue it does require a UpRev remap thou which allows us to modify the exhaust position map so removing the hesistation.

Uprev cost is £402-00 Inc vat which includes dyno time to retune the ECU for best performance.

Anymore questions ask away

Thanks

• Like 1