Motorbike not starting

Flex

I know there's a few hairy bikers on here, just wondered if anyone can help.

So I've had a lot on my plate this year and Bandit hasnt moved apart from house move circa 2 miles down the road.

It's not starting, it is turning over but not firing up. Garage said could be stale fuel, so I drained the carbs out and fillied the tank up with fresh Vpower (but there was probably 1/4 tank of old stuff in there). still not starting.

Do I need to empty it completely or is there anything like an Octane booster I could drop in that might help.

I've not looked at plugs or anything else at this point.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

also if you have been cranking it over, there is a chance you may have flooded it.

As it has got carbs rather than Fuel injection, have you tried the tried n tested method of starting a flooded motor.

wind the throttle wide open then crank it again...for a few seconds....if it fires, don't forget to release the throttle!!!

• Like 1

By co tiny ally turning it over you may of co tami aged the plugs and/or at least soaked them with stale fuel.

If you're gonna check them, may as well stick some new ones in, fresh battery, new fuels, new plugs and you should be fine. :thumbs:

• Like 2

if i were you mate i would remove the float bowls on the carbs and clean the jets. put them back together and remove the spark plugs, clean all 4 with a wire brush and put them back. obviously tank would've been removed, make a quick tank, using a funnel tie rapped virtually to the frame will be fine. fill the funnel with fuel and turn it over, should fire up fine.

if it doesn't its probably electrical, check all of the fuses, bandits are renowned for blowing fuses. if all is ok im guessing it could be coils or cdi. while the soark plugs are out for cleaning you may as well Check the spark, if only 2 are sparking 1 coil will have had it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So I've had a lot on my plate this year and Bandit hasnt moved apart from house move circa 2 miles down the road.

It's not starting, it is turning over but not firing up. Garage said could be stale fuel, so I drained the carbs out and fillied the tank up with fresh Vpower (but there was probably 1/4 tank of old stuff in there). still not starting.

Do I need to empty it completely or is there anything like an Octane booster I could drop in that might help.

depends on how equipped you are and how comfortable you feel with taking things apart.

Mines Constantly in bits so I'm used to chasing gremlins and figuring out what is stopping it firing. Usually it's muggins here that's forgot to plug something back in!!!!

Go through the usual list and think of fuel, air and spark. Start off with the easy things that can be done without the tank off like battery , fresh fuel , checking fuel taps n cut off switches, fuses, dodgy alarms etc.

Regardless of how much further you go, probably the easiest thing ever.... Drop the oil and put a new filter on.

If you then decide the tanks coming off, do the plugs, dismantle the carbs and clean them then try it all again.

One question from me, when you try it on the button, does it try to fire, even with a slight bit of throttle, or does it just keep turning ?

If all that fails, find out which one of us lives closest to you and bribe them to come round with offers of tea and biscuits ☕ï¸ðŸ‘

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

depends on how equipped you are and how comfortable you feel with taking things apart.

Mines Constantly in bits so I'm used to chasing gremlins and figuring out what is stopping it firing. Usually it's muggins here that's forgot to plug something back in!!!!

Go through the usual list and think of fuel, air and spark. Start off with the easy things that can be done without the tank off like battery , fresh fuel , checking fuel taps n cut off switches, fuses, dodgy alarms etc.

Regardless of how much further you go, probably the easiest thing ever.... Drop the oil and put a new filter on.

If you then decide the tanks coming off, do the plugs, dismantle the carbs and clean them then try it all again.

One question from me, when you try it on the button, does it try to fire, even with a slight bit of throttle, or does it just keep turning ?

If all that fails, find out which one of us lives closest to you and bribe them to come round with offers of tea and biscuits ☕ï¸í ½í±

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just keeps turning dude.