How to stick on carbon mirror covers - Glue vs tape

Mikevv

Hi guys, I bought carbon mirror covers from Tarmac a while back, the tape seemed to hold.... for 2 days.

I found one on the road, and luckily my neighbour found it.

Anyways, because of this, I am doubting using 3m tape again as it clearly was not up to the job.

I am now debating using something like JB weld or Araldite ( both come in that weird dual tube thing so no mixing needed )

My only concern is the state of the mirror underneath afterwards if I were to lose/break one.

The tape is nice and easy to remove, which is it's flaw - but leaves no marks.

The glue would probably leave some form of layer and marks meaning it would need a respray :(

This leads me to want to get the strength of the glue with the convenience of the tape.

What would you do? Smother it in glue and make sure they NEVER come off the car, or fill it with so much tape it might not fit flush, but have the convenience of removal.

I'm at a cross roads as I don't want to ruin the "unmolested" appeal of my car, but also want the damn mirrors not to fall off!!!

Give me some hints, or maybe point me in the direction of something suitable to bond the plastic/carbon together :)

Thanks guys - I hope this is in the correct section of forum!

I bought the same covers and used "No more Nails" Tape, as i didnt trust the thin 3M tape already applied. Used this stuff for number plates and eyelids in the past with no issues, its strong and can easily be removed.

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/unibond-no-more-nails-on-a-roll-exterior---translucent---19mm-x-15m-680819