Clutch problems?

Kharmon

Hi guys ive had my 2015 nismo since new and ive put 6500miles on it with no track driving just road. Its had a uprev ,cbe ,hfc and k&n dropins with silicone post maf tubes so not running major power.

The problem is when i drive it hard shifting gear fast its like the clutch isnt biting and all the car does is rev ? This doesnt happen every time but happends now and again. Any ideas what the problem may be ?

It is the first manual car i have owned personally but i have driven manual cars for years at work and my other halfs car . Is it possible im doing something wrong and i have managed to kill the clutch already ? Any input appreciated thanks guys :)

Edited by Kharmon

Well, it's not impossible. Certainly sounds like the clutch is slipping, but it could just be poor adjustment too.

Easy way to tell is to go out and sit at 30mph in 5th gear, then floor the throttle. If the revs rise but the speed doesn't then yes, it's goosed.

However, are you referring to upshifts or downshifts? I wonder if it's anything to do with the rev matching stuff...

• Like 1

Hi guys ive had my 2015 nismo since new and ive put 6500miles on it with no track driving just road. Its had a uprev ,cbe ,hfc and k&n dropins with silicone post maf tubes so not running major power.

The problem is when i drive it hard shifting gear fast its like the clutch isnt biting and all the car does is rev ? This doesnt happen every time but happends now and again. Any ideas what the problem may be ?

It is the first manual car i have owned personally but i have driven manual cars for years at work and my other halfs car . Is it possible im doing something wrong and i have managed to kill the clutch already ? Any input appreciated thanks guys :)

Hi

Sorry to hear your troubles, quick question does it do this only when shifting at high revs? Or do you get the slipping affect when pushing the car in between gears in say 4th or 5th?

Regards

Rich

Hi

Sorry to hear your troubles, quick question does it do this only when shifting at high revs? Or do you get the slipping affect when pushing the car in between gears in say 4th or 5th?

Regards

Rich

Sorry to clarify it only happens on upshifts. Happens just as i engage the gear only on full throttle ive had it happend in 2nd 3rd and 4th all shifting up under full pressure .

Well, it's not impossible. Certainly sounds like the clutch is slipping, but it could just be poor adjustment too.

Easy way to tell is to go out and sit at 30mph in 5th gear, then floor the throttle. If the revs rise but the speed doesn't then yes, it's goosed.

However, are you referring to upshifts or downshifts? I wonder if it's anything to do with the rev matching stuff...

Sorry only on upshifts but ill give the 30mph in 5th a try and see what happens

Take it back to Nissan and on road test, replicate / demonstrate the fault to there top technician.

You will probably get a new clutch kit and when the gearbox is out,ask them to install an after market, upgraded CSC which you will have to supply yourself and also some high temperature clutch fluid. :thumbs:

Alex. :)

• Like 2

Take it back to Nissan and on road test, replicate / demonstrate the fault to there top technician.

You will probably get a new clutch kit and when the gearbox is out,ask them to install an after market, upgraded CSC which you will have to supply yourself and also some high temperature clutch fluid. :thumbs:

Would it be coverd by nissan since ive added aftermarket parts and a uprev ? Thanks

Would it be coverd by nissan since ive added aftermarket parts and a uprev ? Thanks

I see no reason why not.

My R35 is highly modified, 700 + bhp and still benefits from the balance of manufactures warranty.

Take it to a NHPC.

Don't mention about the UpRev, just in case they go funny about it. If they change your clutch, supply a CSC, uprated SS line and better fluid, ask them to fit for you.

Pretty Polly, Pretty Polly, Pretty Polly. :lol:

Already been suggested :p

Don't you read the threads before you post :lol:

Don't mention about the UpRev, just in case they go funny about it. If they change your clutch, supply a CSC, uprated SS line and better fluid, ask them to fit for you.

Take it you can supply what i need ;) would it be worth going to a light weight fly wheel at the same time ? Any benifits? Thanks

In answer to your question is it worth going for the lightweight flywheel then yes as the SMF would ultimately fail as will the OEM CSC as they are prone to failure and will eventually with more miles on. Most cases we see the flywheel failing before the clutch has actually worn out. The SMF has performance benefits for sure but the key is reliability. That is something you cannot be sure of with the Nissan unit.

If you want to eliminate these problems for future reference please see the link of the Xtreme Clutch kit that overcomes the CSC and DMF failures....

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/92517-new-release-xtreme-clutch-kit-inc-smf-and-csc-solution-350z-hr-and-370z/

KNI25688-1A_zpsc4271c7f.jpg

For now I would either as mentioned pop a new CSC and hose on or if Jez discovers something a little more sinister then speak to him on how best to overcome this and find yourself some trouble free motoring :)

• Like 1