Repair paint damage on door [Added link to images]

GizmoGold

I just left my office and noticed that a woman at work has decided to park stupidly close and open her door onto my Z =| there's a line of chipped paint now 😡

How would this get repaired? The car was spotless before and I don't want a cheap touch up to ruin it

http://imgur.com/a/nAyQ5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by GizmoGold

You need to post a picture. one mans chip is another mans potato.

"one mans chip is another mans potato" love it!

If its a small job you could get in a mobile service, if you fancy spending some cash I always recommend TGM in Fleet who's work is faultless.

Added a link to some pics =) The annoying this is I just checked the woman's car and the door doesn't line up with the scratch. So it must have been done last night and I didn't notice this morning :rant:

Looks a bit deep for the old T Cut and machine polish. I might be wrong though, hard to tell from a photo.

Local body repair shop? Won't cost much to blend that in I shouldn't imagine...

i got a quote of £250 plus extra cost for blending =

That sounds very expensive.

A colleague used chips away as he knew the bloke who did the franchise (this was crowthorne, not sure where he was based mind). He repainted a major bumper scuff (much worse than yours) for about £120 I think. I inspected it afterwards and you couldn't see the slightest hint it had been done

That sounds very expensive.

A colleague used chips away as he knew the bloke who did the franchise (this was crowthorne, not sure where he was based mind). He repainted a major bumper scuff (much worse than yours) for about £120 I think. I inspected it afterwards and you couldn't see the slightest hint it had been done

Ahh thanks, I've contacted someone at chips away and hopefully they'll come for an estimate in a few days =) it's annoying because I've made sure to park miles away from anyone else and still get hit!

Do not use fecking shitsaway for the love of god.

If you wanted a tooth removing would you get the dentist to do it on your drive?

250 is a good quote pal. Small scratch big panel......panel has to be sprayed to get it right not just the damaged area

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Do not use fecking shitsaway for the love of god.

If you wanted a tooth removing would you get the dentist to do it on your drive?

250 is a good quote pal. Small scratch big panel......panel has to be sprayed to get it right not just the damaged area

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I see your point...I need the front respraying early next year so I guess I'll just get it all done at the same time and get it done well