Creaky Dash/Console

Quinster

I've got a similar problem but only seems to be coming from the far left side of the dash. Thought it was suspension related at first so checked it out on the MOT shaker plates but not able to hear it.

Be interested if anyone could pinpoint it so i can fix it as it is bloody annoying :lol:

• Like 1

I've got a similar problem but only seems to be coming from the far left side of the dash. Thought it was suspension related at first so checked it out on the MOT shaker plates but not able to hear it.

Be interested if anyone could pinpoint it so i can fix it as it is bloody annoying :lol:

If i push tightly on the left side of the centre console it seems to get quieter.

Can't drive about like that all day but.

lol

• Like 1

Mine has a squeaky rat behind the speedometer.....I notice this since I bought my zed 116 months ago. I knew where the noise is coming from as I managed to stop the squeak whilst placing my hands in the gap between the speedometer and the dashboard, a bit of pressure on the panel stops it. If I can wedge something there it should stop it but won't look nice =) I did spray some PTFE lubricant but it did not managed to get into the area where all the squeak is generated. Try spraying some, might reduce the squeak when its less friction B)

• Like 1

It's pretty easy to strip out the centre console to get behind the clocks - 20 mins and six bolts, I had a few rattles but some tightening and strategically placed blutack did the trick

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...