Winter is coming

ZeppoJeff

My issue is I'm from north east Scotland so gets pretty cold and salty up here. Don't want the salt to eat away at the freshly painted bodywork and more than anything else I don't trust other people on the road.

Think mine will be going away for hibernation. As soon as I see the first gritter on the road.

But..but...but...but .....you'll just about get your new wheels on and..................... you'll spot a gritter going past!! :lol:

Shame you wont get to enjoy the new wheels this year then :byebye:

Mind you, first hint of salt and I'll be putting the old rays back on.....we'll see how it goes.

She'll be used throughout the winter as usual.

We survived -20'C one winter, living in caravans on a field for 8yrs, so anything else is a doddle!! :dance:

Haha don't fancy the salt from the gritters eating away at my polished wheels. I don't think any amount of wax would stop it eating through.

I'll get to enjoy the new wheels for a bit...home next week so plenty time :p

As I said though before my issue is other drivers not nothing how to drive. Had far to many close encounters in the past with ppl sliding through red lights or being tail happy spinning there rear end out.

I could rent my services to the local council though and use my front end as a snowplough though...haha

• Like 1

So with winter coming and it's meant to be a super bad one what is everyone doing with them zed?

Who's going to be running it all year round and who's hiding away in the garage?

For the people locking them up when is it you will be saying ur final goodbye for 2015?

Mine is usually garaged all year round and only out in the dry - apart from this year when the other half's gixxer took up residence in my garage as it was more convenient! This has now gone back to his workshop for winter tinkering so my zed is back inside and won't be out again unless it's a dry sunny day.

I keep thinking this thread is about the new series of GoT.......

If it's too bad to get the zed out the drive, I have an AWD Scooby WRX and a big black 4x4 known as....'The Tank'. One of them will make it :)

Am seriously thinking about getting the zed wrapped for winter though...saw a lovely electric blue job on an M3 at the weekend!