What oil??

Far2lively

Check the engine over for leaks, any oil externally on the car. When did you buy it? Recent purchase? Did you check the oil level when you got it?

Oil light means fill it back up with oil (Opie oils and many sites will give you options if you select the car from their lists) and get it to a decent garage to look it over.

You said at the start your light came on that's means the engine has ran with low oil pressure that's what causes serious damage if you have fixed the sump plug leak and put oil in that's all you can do for now I would drive it easy with no music on for a while and listen out for engine noises hope it's OK bud

The oil pressure gauge was just stuck, I gave it a tap and now it's fine :), topped up the oil anyway though.

Worth insulting us to cover your mistake?

Facts don't add up, last chance to admit it! :lol:

Insulting you??

As soon as I tapped the gauge the oil light on the dash went off.

Checked the oil with the dip stick and there's plenty in there although the dipstick is hard to read and very badly designed I think.

Car is now in the drive way if there's any leak I'll see it in the morning although nothing came out earlier.

Thanks for the help people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like you're a lucky man Far2lively.

Can't get a cheaper fix than a tap on the gauge :lol:

Reminds me of a cheap fix I had when all the lights lit up on the dash...TCS/ABS/ESP and all I needed was a brake pedal switch :thumbs:

Fingers crossed you have many trouble free miles to come.

I didn't realise there are people out there that wait until the oil light comes on to take action. (That own a car like ours anyway) someone walking into a halfords with an old corsa that doesn't do anything than MOT their car saying "I need some oil for my car because the light chaos come on" make sense but not on a lovely 350z. Glad you got it sorted I guess but I'd keep checking it every week or so!