are 2 different brands on front and back ok?

Miller350z

After doing an oil change on my car the other day i noticed the inside of both front tyres are really badly worn. At the moment i have khumo tyres on tje front and on the rear hankook ventus v12 evo that have only done about 3000iles if that. ideally id have mpss all round but would it be ok to put mpss on the front and leave the back?

do you use 2 sets of rears to one set of fronts?

will 4 wheel alignment fix the wear on the inside of the tyre?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yes I'd say you'd get through two sets of rears to one set of fronts. Though depending on how many miles a year you do you might be waiting a couple of years to replace those rears! I personally wouldn't mix tyres. If You really want the MPSS id just get all four replaced then sell the hankooks on ( costly I know ! But well worth it imo )

As for a four wheel alignment that will sort out the toeing out you have by the sounds of it.

Edited by SHEZZA

i think fitting a full set is the ideal, if im likely to get 2 years or so use out of the rear i guess thats a long time to have mixed tyres. just spent £165 on service parts from hd, getting a new kitchen in 4 weeks and then its cash for Christmas......better start banging in the overtime!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

If you put new fronts that are excellent tyres on (like the MPSS) with worn tyres on the rear that aren't quite as good, then you're making the car very prone to oversteer. Only you know if that's a risk you feel worth taking when the weather is getting increasingly colder and wetter.

Personally for the sake of a couple of hundred quid I wouldn't risk it, but ultimately it's up to you.

A four wheel alignment may not sort out your tyre wear issues, it very much depends on how you want the car setup. Unfortunately if you want a car to grip and handle you end up with premature wear on your tyres, so you may have to sacrifice great handling for longer tyre wear. Again, each to their own.