GPS speedometer - worth it?

Mikevv

I've read numerous small time articles stating a normal speedo is not accurate, which is why you can "technically" go as much as 80 mph and not get a ticket, cause your speedo might say 80 mph, but your "true speed" is affected by as much as 10%

I was wondering if it was worth buying one of those fancy boxes that reads your speed using gps, seen one on top gear years ago with the veyron top speed thing - are they legit?

Either that or I was thinking maybe just use a Garmin haha - On my road trip to Wales, my gauge would say 50 mph for example, the digital readout on my Z saying 48 mph, and the satnav would read 45 and sometimes more or less, yet my needle would stay where it was.

Just trying to think if its worth it or just a gimmick - I don't want a ticket, but we can all agree 70mph is too slow ;)

Edited by Mikevv

Not really. Are you THAT concerned thar you may be speeding slightly?

Nah just got a bonus this month and now have cash burning a hole :D

Figured 350's already attract attention from the cops anyways, so they'll naturally assume I'm speeding ;)

Your Garmin is already reading gps speed, why would you want another gps device reading your speed? But remember, there can be delay, so you may be going faster/slower than you think ;)

My 350 doesnt attract attention from "cops", what are you doing to attract their attention?

Edited by Jetpilot

Your Garmin is already reading gps speed, why would you want another gps device reading your speed? But remember, there can be delay, so you may be going faster/slower than you think ;)

My 350 doesnt attract attention from "cops", what are you doing to attract their attention?

Being 21, having a baby face, and loud car haha also as I work nights, I'm around late at night

Apparently the police do have a profile to look out for when doing stop and search.

Years back my mate got stopped in his 200sx at night.

Not speeding.

Coppers told him he just fitted the profile as a young asian lad in a fast car.

He didn't get any other hassle as soon as they saw his elderly dad in the front and mum in the back!

Apparently the police do have a profile to look out for when doing stop and search.

Years back my mate got stopped in his 200sx at night.

Not speeding.

Coppers told him he just fitted the profile as a young asian lad in a fast car.

He didn't get any other hassle as soon as they saw his elderly dad in the front and mum in the back!

Absolute Rubbish.