Le Mans 24 - Group Event 18-19th June 2016

monkeybrain1234

Houx, non numbered and you wotn miss us, this was setup from a couple of years ago:

11411651_10152854618960877_6360510146982390668_o.jpg

Pretty much everything on the RHS of the pic fromt he black tent is our setup, all the cars on the left are ours :lol:

Edited by docwra
  • Like 1

Guys - bit of advice on Le Mans ... I have never been which is an abomination i know!

Would Le Mans be a good stag do option for about 15 guys who all are into motorsport? My idea was to rent a couple/3 RV's and park up for the weekend, lots of beer, food and fancy dress? I assume there are decent restaurants in a local town if we wanted a "serious" night too?

sorry for stealing the tread, tell me to go away if needed :headhurt:

It'd be a great idea, LM is mostly guys, fancy dress and beer anyway :lol:

Plenty of restaurants in the town and Arnage, you'd want to book or avoid peak times though. RV places tend to fill up early so you'd want to look at getting that sorted out in July/August really.

• Like 1

It'd be a great idea, LM is mostly guys, fancy dress and beer anyway :lol:

Plenty of restaurants in the town and Arnage, you'd want to book or avoid peak times though. RV places tend to fill up early so you'd want to look at getting that sorted out in July/August really.

As in July/August of this year for next? Sounds like a plan to me then!

Friday lunch/early afternoon I'd go to arnage, usually good fun at the pubs and plenty of good cars to look at. Head into le mans town on Friday afternoon/evening for the drivers parade and stay on for some beers and dinner.

You'll be too hungover for anything Saturday morning, so get in a decent spot for the race start!

• Like 2

I wouldn't bother with the RV, if you want to go posh you can get fancy glamping tents which are pre setup for your arrival. There is also hot food on offer and a bar at some places.

That way you can still drive some decent cars down B)

• Like 1

In case people aren't aware, the French are currently striking and blocking oil refineries which is having a knock on effect of fuel shortages as mongs panic buy. The two next strike days are May 26th and June 14th, the latter being the week of LM...

https://penurie.mon-essence.fr/w/

There's a handy link showing which stations are closed, and which ones have run out of fuel. Anyone travelling down in a DE Zed should take octane booster with them as a precaution, and if you want to take extra fuel across with you then there's a limit of 1x 20L metal can OR 3x 10L plastic cans on the Eurotunnel, and stricter limits on the ferries but that varies based on company.

• Like 1

In case people aren't aware, the French are currently striking and blocking oil refineries which is having a knock on effect of fuel shortages as mongs panic buy. The two next strike days are May 26th and June 14th, the latter being the week of LM...

https://penurie.mon-essence.fr/w/

There's a handy link showing which stations are closed, and which ones have run out of fuel. Anyone travelling down in a DE Zed should take octane booster with them as a precaution, and if you want to take extra fuel across with you then there's a limit of 1x 20L metal can OR 3x 10L plastic cans on the Eurotunnel, and stricter limits on the ferries but that varies based on company.

Cheers for the heads up. Luckily a tank of V Power is enough to get me down there as long as the Carefour station is open!

It's getting back that might be the issue...

I'll be okay, if I drop to 60mph on the motorways I'll get 500miles plus out of a full tank so that'll get me from Calais to LM and back, but it'll still be a bit tight. My mate with the Gallardo is going, we're thinking of hiring a fuel tanker for him :lol:

• Like 1

Guess who went to a 40th birthday in France this weekend and didnt find out about the fuel strike until he arrived at his destination? Surely it wouldnt be that guy with the 3.0 twin turbo that averages about 22mpg on a good day? Y'know, the one with the miniscule 50 litre tank ............ :surrender:

Got back to Calais with about 13 miles left, mate in a Z4M had 2 (!) miles left and I havent heard from the guy with the 996 Turbo yet :scare: Not an amusing situation knowing that youre potentially totally knackered and theres bugger all you can do about it :rant:

Oh, and for the record this is my 6th visit in a row to France that has been affected by some form of civil action, (2 ATC strikes, taxi drivers strike, rail strike, riots in Paris and Brussels) Im getting a bit tired of it now ..........

• Like 2

Oh, and for the record this is my 6th visit in a row to France that has been affected by some form of civil action, (2 ATC strikes, taxi drivers strike, rail strike, riots in Paris and Brussels) Im getting a bit tired of it now ..........

So what you're saying is, it's all your fault? ;):lol:

Any tips or must do's would be very much appreciated :lol:

We have been going every year since 2005. Without fail, we go to Arnage (not the village, the track) for night-time viewing. Get there for about 10pm when its dust going into night. You get close to the cars, this close....

post-18524-0-31370000-1464454026_thumb.jpg

We have been going every year since 2005. Without fail, we go to Arnage (not the village, the track) for night-time viewing. Get there for about 10pm when its dust going into night. You get close to the cars, this close....

I can beat that....

:D

I can beat that....

:D

We managed the same but on the opposite side in 2011. Went to the Auberge des hunaudieres at about 1am. Managed to go round the fence at the far end of the building and got track-side. Got the footage on an old memory stick somewhere, good times !
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...