Windscreen Washers Not Working.

samu23

Hi All

Having not driven the car for a week or two, the windscreen washers have stopped working - which is a pain.

There is no fluid or noise coming when you pull the levers, the reservoir is full so its not a lack of fluid.

The car is a 2005 GT, the headlight washers work fine.

Due to the lack of any noise coming from the motors at all I think they are knackered.

I phoned the local car parts dealer and they have a motor in stock for ~£10.

Can you confirm the front and rear washer both run from one motor? Also is there a potentially easier fix than replacing the motors?

Thanks for you help.

Sam

If there's absolutely no noise when you pull the lever, it's likely the fuse or the pump. As you know, the pump's a tenner and just about the easiest replacement job on the zed after wiper blades. It's so easy, I managed to do it and only suffered a wet leg.

If it was making a noise but with no squirt (ooo err) I'd be replacing or drilling out the one way valve for the front wipers.

Mine gave up a couple of weeks ago. Front washer pump was £7.44 inc P&P from Euro Car Parts here

Simple job - remove the front half of your front driver side arch guard and pull out the old pump from the recess in the washer bottle, disconnect and reconnect the pipe, re-seat the pump and bob's your uncle :)

But if your wash bottle is full it will drain out all over your drive ( / leg, as above :lol: ), so if poss drain the bottle first.

Edited by thedon

Hi all, I'm new to the wonderful world of 350Z and I've just had my windscreen and headlamp washers go. No sound, no water - reservoir is full. It's a roadster 07 plate so no rear washer. Do both run off the same motor or fuse? I'm hoping it's fuse not motor. Anyone know where the fuse is? There seem to be fuse boxes all over the place! Thank you!

Dave