Can't turn ESP off?

HiddenWomble

I can't seem to turn ESP off, I've double checked that I'm using the right button, that both lights go on and off when starting the car and re-read the manual for any other clues and I just can't disable it.

Does that sound like the switch is just broken? I'd have thought these switches would have a silly high duty cycle and not something you could wear out in any practical way.

Yup, I press the button and the lights both stay off (they are supposed to both come on). Yet when I turn the key both lights do their test on and off so it's not a blown bulb. Then sure enough if I try to get the back wheels to spin a bit the TC kicks in and does it's thang.

You can't turn the traction 100% with that switch. Some people put a switch in the centre console that cuts out the Yaw sensor (located under the console), which cuts out the TC and VDC completely. Or pull a cable under the bonnet by the brake fluid reservoir, Or there's a fuse you can pull, but that turns off ABS too.

EDIT: Ugh, just re-read what you said. Just got out of bed. Apologies. :yawn:

Edited by Juggalo

Sounds like a broken button, maybe a previous owner was a bit over enthusiastic with it :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i've worn buttons out on my mouse before, but that took years of clicking! seeing as this is a once per drive kinda thang i can only imagine it getting worn out by a kid sat in dads car with no keys playing with all the buttons :)

sounds like something else to add to the list, but right at the bottom cos it's hardly important.

It's a sign! It's saving your life

true, especially in the wet, love how it helped me do a hill start on a crazy incline and wet cobbles :)

but it's also getting on my tits in the dry, i'm expecting my car to behave one way then it goes and does the opposite! i'm not talking about trying to powerslide, just the odd twitch here and there. it's so aggressive on the power cut that it's throwing me about more than a little wheel slippage would.