Replaced Clutch line - Nightmare

Juggalo

Wish I knew how much of an arse this job was before I started.

Replacing the hardware was easy enough, but getting pressure back in the pedal was a total nightmare, getting nowhere fast.

Had to use an old Land Rover Series trick and G-Clamp the slave cylinder shut before I got any pressure back.

If you're planning on doing it, get a garage to do it. I'd have happily paid 50 quid for someone to take on the problem.

Mine didn't do it for some reason..some fluid came out when we took off the line, but level in the bottle stayed pretty much same. We did top it up right to the top tho, just incase. And when we were bleading it - just kept topping it up as we went along.

Show off :)

Done mine in 20mins ;) replaced slave cylinder, clutch line, new fluid ;)

He didn't say it worked when he finished - Just that he did it in 20 mins :lol:

Yea, I was changing clutch line and put MAF sensor wrong way around when I was putting everything back together :lol:

Edited by Vlad
  • Like 1

try putting a couple of layers of cling film under the cap as you screw it back on and it should help to create a vacuum. Then when you remove the pipe the fluid should stay put or at least come out at a much slower rate while you fit the new line.

• Like 1

try putting a couple of layers of cling film under the cap as you screw it back on and it should help to create a vacuum. Then when you remove the pipe the fluid should stay put or at least come out at a much slower rate while you fit the new line.

Good idea. Or stick blu-tac or some such over the open end at the other end.

You live and learn.