Which tyre and where is cheapest?

r111nxx

would be nice to get a sticky for places to buy from. i've seen quite a few online shops mentioned in the main tire thread, so i know where to go to hunt for them. just be a lot easier if there was one place for people to talk about where to buy from as opposed to what to buy

Interestingly this is worth asking frequently in some shape...tyre leader has a deal on at the moment on Falken ZE914 (or similar I cant remember) which is a capable tyre. I am pretty sure deals come up all the time across all the main sites.

PS when it comes to tyres, stick with the brands nobody has heard of. all that guff from Michelin, bridgestone, Pirelli and continental is just good marketing, really all tyres are exactly the same, only difference is the price.

Also brands that 'sound' premium often are - so Diamondback are good here. Evergreen are very eco friendly tyres, and Autogrip do exactly that - provide grip for automotive tyres.

• Like 5

Mixed part-worns for £20 a corner are where the real savings are made. Its a known fact that brand new tyres are less grippy to begin with until they are worn in, so let someone else do the hard work for you and pickup a bargain! You know you've got a good deal when there is a language barrier at the place you are buying from, especially if there's a queue of minicabs.

• Like 1

Mixed part-worns for £20 a corner are where the real savings are made. Its a known fact that brand new tyres are less grippy to begin with until they are worn in, so let someone else do the hard work for you and pickup a bargain! You know you've got a good deal when there is a language barrier at the place you are buying from, especially if there's a queue of minicabs.

mixed tires on each corner also give the car an epic base. the low rumble is so strong you can see it vibrating your fingers! just grip the steering wheel normally, then extend one finger. if you've got a good mix of tires on your finger should be shaking so much it becomes a blur.

I got bored of saying the same old thing in response to this question - thought i'd say the opposite and see if anyone noticed :D

I was shocked to even find we had a whole section on tyres after being on here 2 years, surely there couldnt be any more than 3 topics at the most, tyre sizes, best tyres and where to get them? :surrender: