Which tyre and where is cheapest?

r111nxx

would be nice to get a sticky for places to buy from. i've seen quite a few online shops mentioned in the main tire thread, so i know where to go to hunt for them. just be a lot easier if there was one place for people to talk about where to buy from as opposed to what to buy

There are such a range of places where you can get tyres that are constantly changing their prices and indeed traders on here can often be competitive, such that the next week a sticky would be out of date. Just need to shop around for best prices.

would be nice to get a sticky for places to buy from. i've seen quite a few online shops mentioned in the main tire thread, so i know where to go to hunt for them. just be a lot easier if there was one place for people to talk about where to buy from as opposed to what to buy

There are such a range of places where you can get tyres that are constantly changing their prices and indeed traders on here can often be competitive, such that the next week a sticky would be out of date. Just need to shop around for best prices.

oh of course the cheapest will change on a regular basis, but it seems every time i read a new tire thread a new supplier is recommended. so i was more thinking of a sticky that listed all the suppliers members have had a good experience with so when it comes to new boots time we can run through the list to see who comes up trumps that day. one benefit of being part of a community is people share their experiences which helps build confidence in buying from a good place. look at that paint site that is now stickied because it seems it's just a scam site. i can google a list of tire sites, but i'd have no idea which ones were safe to buy from.

People cant even seem to search the tyre section for which is the best tyre! I managed to get a sticky on wheel and offsets, what does everyone ask, what width and offset!!

hehe, this is true, but there are some of us that do stop to read the stickies. i've also used the forum search quite a bit, or just google as it often brings results from this forum up near the top. at the moment i'm looking at having to trawl through several threads to compile my own list of sites to buy from. that will work for me but i can't help feeling a sticky where people can add to it and share experiences both good and bad would be better

We have one of those too ;)

we do? where's it hiding then? i don't know every inch of this forum but i have trawled through a ton of it. seen plenty of advice on where to buy from scattered through various threads but not noticed a threat just about where to buy from, and if there is one, i'd love to see it stickied!

at the moment we have

• Tyre guide: post your tyre review here
  • Some really informative tyre and wheel info.
  • Wheel alignment settings
  • Tyre pressure on non standard size tyres
  • Mixing Tyres (and why you really shouldn't!)
  • Tyres & Why They're Important

in this section, and none of those scream where to buy. (did a quick check of 370z section and they only have the 1 sticky, poor 370z owners)

can you link it for me? then i'll adjust my facepalm based on how obvious it was :)

Nope, my facepalm as I read your post wrong: I thought you meant a tyre review thread, not a tyre purchase place thread. My apologies!

Tbh a places to buy tyres from thread is pretty much redundant as soon as it starts, as prices change every month so in a few weeks one retailer could go from awesome to expensive.

• Like 1

Nope, my facepalm as I read your post wrong: I thought you meant a tyre review thread, not a tyre purchase place thread. My apologies!

Tbh a places to buy tyres from thread is pretty much redundant as soon as it starts, as prices change every month so in a few weeks one retailer could go from awesome to expensive.

hehe, d'oh! apologies are of course accepted, i expect by now your replies to such threads are more reflex than thought :)

i don't think such a thread would be used to track the cheapest place each month, that would be far too much work. it could however be a great resource for places that tend to be cheap and also a place to talk about the service they provide. sometimes reading about someone having an issue with a company tells you a lot more about if they are any good based on how they handle the issue.

surely there are three that are always a good starting point, them being:

Tyreleader

Oponeo

Camskill

?

Or Black Circles, or Pneus Online, or Asda (got my MPSS from them in Feb, they were dirt cheap!)...

this is exactly what i'm talking about. from reading this forum i've already discovered several placed to buy tyres, and these 2 posts alone have raised a 3 more to my attention. there isn't much else needed than people posting a list of places they do or would buy from. then a bit of chat if someone has an issue and how it was resolved. i don't think it would be a very big thread, but it would add value to the site.

it would then become a place people could go to when they were in the market for new tyres to both get a ton of quotes and also find a supplier they like dealing with (or know to avoid).

• Like 1