GT-R anyones name down yet??

DaveH

Brave man leaving money with a car dealer in these uncertain times.. never mind for that length of time :headhurt:

Why Tim when it's a refunadable deposit???

it wont be if they go bankrupt in the meantime ;)

Speculation or do you know something we don't?

No inside info , but I have a long memory :teeth: like when the DC Cook group went bang overnight , they were the largest Nissan dealer in the Uk :headhurt:

weren't they datsun dealers at the time :p

an took orders on Spectrum :blush:

wax tablet :thumbs:

Id buy a Jap import, but not when the main reasons of its delay in the UK is because mechanics need to be trained on maintenants and servicing for this car. Should anything go wrong with a Jap import before UK launch date you are pretty much screwed, unless you have the cash to fly over trained Mechanics from Japan, with the correct ecu equipment :headhurt:

Times are changing here in the UK. Gone are the days people had trust or faith in English traders. Therefore it's common for people to go the import route. Although I'd like to say I agree with IR, I don't... Why buy Dulux when B&Q's own is just as good ;)

Because for B&Q's warranty you ll have to ship your stuff back to Japan? ;)

Hi Dave, good to have you back, mate. :bye:

The service and support is what would concern me. Most Nissan dealers can't offer a decent level of service on a Zed - a comparatively simple car. I wonder whether those that excuse Nissan dealer's poor performance on the grounds that a Zed is cheap next to a prestige motor would feel the same after spending £55k. :surrender:

Middlehursts may be an exception as they have the GT-R pedigree but as for the rest... :headhurt:

I suspect much of the problem with the imports is scaremongering but I still wouldn't be taking risks at this level.

Ahright Digs, hope your well mate.

Totally agree with all your comments, it wouldn't be going anywhere other than Middlehurst.

Like you said those chimps struggle putting the car on a ramp so wouldn't feel to happy handing it over to my local dealer!!

Deposit's not down just yet!!

Need to get my TV first!!

.... anyone bought the new KURO Pioneer?

(sorry off topic) but does have KURO in there!!

A couple of dealers I have spoken to are taking £500 refundable deposits at the moment, although I imagine that would change to a bigger non-refundable deposit as above when it's all confirmed for the UK :)

Yup, some dealers (middlehurst) are taking £1k and then gonna be requesting a 10% non refundable deposit of the rest to deter speculators. £6500 is a lot of money to shell out if you have no intention on keeping the car, which is the general idea. :)

• 2 weeks later...

i was at the dealers (west london nissan) today in Shepperton and the sales guy claims that the deposit is 2K :wacko: and they've been taking them for a year, he didn't say how big the list was... I took the whole thing with a pinch of salt anywayz.

My 3yrs is up in Jan 09 so see how the land lies then...

• 2 weeks later...

just an update we bought a premium edition in black and we have sold it already..

we can import them there is loads for sale but you cant buy NEW as nissan will sue as the launch date is 2009....

if you want one now am afraid it comes at a cost as the jap guys who were first in order are flogging them off for profit at auction,,

we paid 10.1 mill for ours..not cheap but it arrives in feb.

just an update we bought a premium edition in black and we have sold it already..

we can import them there is loads for sale but you cant buy NEW as nissan will sue as the launch date is 2009....

if you want one now am afraid it comes at a cost as the jap guys who were first in order are flogging them off for profit at auction,,

So you paid £46500 for yours, how much will it be on the road?

So you paid £46500 for yours, how much will it be on the road?

this one is going to cyprus,, but i reckon uk price is minimum 54k otr