British Telecom (BT) .......HELP

ioneabee

most likely - but I can't deal with the India call centres anymore ....... they're driving me nuts

You have my sympathy Andy, similar thing happened to us when we moved in here, spoke to the India call centre (who I had already told that the problem was in the exchange as advsded by sales dept) and he asked me if I would get down on my hands and knees and take the cover of the BT point in the hall. He got quite offended when I suggested he did more than read the next part of his "script" Called the sales dept back and a very helpful lady in Watford rang our exchange and got it sorted in less than an hour.
  • Like 1

All they need to do is jumper your copper pair to the hdf (handover distribution frame) in your local exchange and bob's your auntie's live in lover. 10 min job. 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to be called an MDF in my day (Main Distribution Frame) :)

All they need to do is jumper your copper pair to the hdf (handover distribution frame) in your local exchange and bob's your auntie's live in lover. 10 min job. 😄

Used to be called an MDF in my day (Main Distribution Frame) :)

Yeah thats still there after the bar pair but for handing over to other carriers there is a Hdf.

ðŸ‘

• Like 1

OK - so t'internet now restored ..................... just 3 times slower than when all this started - so much for 5 x faster

I'm now on 5mb/s (those of you whose math skills aren't what they were - I was on 15mb/s :stir: )

let battle commence once again

Adsl goes to 8 Mbps Adsl2 to 16 and Adsl2+ to 24 Mbps, your download speed depends on the distance you are from the Bt exchange and the quality of your copper line. This has remained the same now you have changed provider they just have you on their kit in the exchange instead of Bt's.

Ask Talk Talk to run a copper line test on your line, tell you how long your line is, and make sure you are on 2 plus as I said earlier then post it here tomorrow.

Also make sure they tell you if your line is showing any faults.'oh and finally ask what profile you are set to and your Snr margins.

ðŸ‘

was previously receiving at 15mb

yes its in the main socket

using the BT hub 5 at the moment - so assuming its at least adsl2

there weren't any faults before as TalkTalk previously sorted a problem (it was throttled)..... however that was a few months ago

I'm assuming they've throttled it and will wait for me (or anyone else) to complain before they lift it

If you haven't already done so, ask to escalate your complaint and that you now require a case manager to resolve your problem.

I had issues with BT, serious ones of which they owed me a heap of money and were below any form of competence.

My case manager was sympathetic, helpful, understanding and dealt with my issue step by step.

I received all monies owed, received a wealth of free packages as well as some new phones.

A case manager WILL help you the best way forward and treat you like a human. That's my experience, not saying everyone has the same result but worth a bash.