Help Required Please

Hi Guys,

I am about to purchase my very first 370Z and require some advice if you don't mind?

The car is a 2010 GT Cabriolet, it has 18k on the clock and has had 4 owners. My concern is, as it is a 5 year old car it is now out of warranty, I have done some research and can see that 3rd party warranty companies are really expensive and not really worth a button. The dealership is wanting just under £17k for the car and they are only offering a 2 month warranty. Can you advise if this car is worth the money and the risk i would be taking with it being out of warranty?

The next thing is the fact that it is a rear wheel drive car, how does it handle in winter?I live in Glasgow and my fear is the car will be sitting out in the street from November through to March every year.

Any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

2 month warranty is irrelevant, the SOGA overrides anything there so you have 6 mths where the dealer has to prove the car was fine before you bought it, not you having to prove something broke. Haggle down as far as you can, take the spare cash and put it into a rainy day fund. Even £1K should cover most things going pop, this side of a complete engine failure which is hideously unlikely. These are very reliable cars, we don't really get any big issues on them.

It handles like any FR car does in winter, i.e. not very well unless the driver drives to the conditions. Some will insist you must put winter tyres on or you'll die, others (like me) just slow down a bit and understand that crap weather isn't the time to be hooning. It'll be fine though, just use your head and you'll be okay.

Unless you mean how does the physically survive when parked outside in the winter, in which case it'll be absolutely fine. This is no longer the 1970s, we don't have to worry about cars rusting away underneath us any more ;):lol:

• Like 1

If you are planning to leave the car unused from November - March in Glasgow, then best to be garaged up.

And also completely dry off the rag top it that is the case.

:welcome: to the forum.

Edited by ZMANALEX

Unless you use winter tyres, if you have to use roads on any meaningful slope the 370 (and 350 and most other RWD cars) do not do hills well in icy/snowy conditions - just mentioning after 9 years of ZED ownership and that given you are that much nearer the Artic Circle than me :lol:

Hey Guys,

Cheers for the advice, I contacted the dealer today and spoke to them about the warranty, they initalliy told me they will not do a warranty over 2 months on a car with more than a 3.5 litre engine but today after I spoke with them that are doing everything they can to accomodate me and will let me know by Thursday.

The warranty is a deal breaker at the moment as i would be totally devistated if anything happened to it and I had no safty net in place to protect me and my pocket!

To be honest I didnt think the car would be any worse to drive in winter compared to any other RWD cars but thought I should ask just encase.

Do you know roughly how much winter tyres would set me back and if I would only need them in the rear?

Thanks!

Hi buddy and welcome along. I would hope one of those 4 owners in 5 years was a Dealership demo car as it has not been kept for long by its previous keepers. I'm not suggesting that is an issue here, but hope it wasn't for some other reason. Hope all goes well mate. :)