Spring thingy behind disks

Alex350z

If you don't have a clue then you should not be tampering with brakes. :)

The spring and pin assembly is what holds the hand brake shoes to the back plate and the other spring is to return the shoes to there starting position. :thumbs:

The spring and pin assembly is what holds the hand brake shoes to the back plate and the other spring is to return the shoes to there starting position. :thumbs:

Im confident i know what im doing with the brakes (changed all disks and pads successfully today) i just was unsure what the spring was for as ive never seen it before and ive changed the brakes on quite a few cars.

Have you been cleaning them with something, looking at the mark on the brake shoe and what appears to be liquid around the backplate etc?

I was cleaning the brake dust off, yes :)

Er, not sure that was a good idea as you will have contaminated the brake shoes and you will need to replace them. Had a feeling you might have used other than soapy water.

The handrake on the ZEDs is never that great anyway and introducing those agents on the shoes will simply add to the loss of any substantive grip. :shrug:

Er, not sure that was a good idea as you will have contaminated the brake shoes and you will need to replace them. Had a feeling you might have used other than soapy water.

The handrake on the ZEDs is never that great anyway and introducing those agents on the shoes will simply add to the loss of any substantive grip. :shrug:

Its a water based grime remover so it should be fine. The later was to see what you would say ;)

I didnt directly rub the pads anyway.

Edited by Alex350z

Its a water based grime remover so it should be fine. The later was to see what you would say ;)

:lol:

So you're playing with the Gods, eh? :lol:

:ban:

So ive just taken my brake disk off the rear and theres some spring device underneath, is it to hold the disk in place?? Might be a stupid question but i honestly dont have a clue!

what did liquid did you use?

A water based engine degreser to get the lose stuff off and then gave it a good scrubbing with some brake fluid.

So you like wasting our time.......no doubt Alex, I and others on here who try to steer those who are genuinely looking for help will have your card marked, you having pretended to be clueless and then like a wind-up with no hint of a bit of fun - a smilie maybe? The next time you seek help don't be surprised if it falls on deal ears :dry:

So ive just taken my brake disk off the rear and theres some spring device underneath, is it to hold the disk in place?? Might be a stupid question but i honestly dont have a clue!

what did liquid did you use?

A water based engine degreser to get the lose stuff off and then gave it a good scrubbing with some brake fluid.

So you like wasting our time.......no doubt Alex, I and others on here who try to steer those who are genuinely looking for help will have your card marked, you having pretended to be clueless and then like a wind-up with no hint of a bit of fun - a smilie maybe? The next time you seek help don't be surprised if it falls on deal ears :dry:

I was clueless in my original post, and i thought the second part would be taken as a joke. I didnt intend to waste anyones time nor wind anyone up, hence the winky face. I appreciate your help and i apologise if it was taken the wrong way. :)