Jump to content

Darren-B

Members
  • Posts

    6,092
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-B

  1. Yes the top bolts are easily accessible from the engine bay with a few extensions on a 14mm socket after moving the centre intake pipe, a 10mm & an 8mm hose clip. I think Glrnet has pictures from a set we did last week
  2. I hope so, as i`ve noticed a difference with the HFC, I seem to be lacking a bit of torque mid range, but the sound is awesome.
  3. Hope the sun shines for you Will I`m off to get my Uprev in the morning
  4. Looking good Dave, Glad I could put a Shine on the unlucky situation Don`t worry about the 14years, I gave up counting @ 7842 years
  5. Zip it Like a pair of old women you two.
  6. That crate of bud was full when will sat down
  7. Well, I will have an on/off button but given how easy meth is to get hold of and how cheap I will probably run it all the time - although the controler will be set to only bring it in at higher boost levels. A lot depends on inlet temps and what happens on the dyno ..... will let you know. edit : I have the AEM water/meth kit with a 1 gallon tank Well I personally would run it all the time, you don`t need to inject much to gain alot, also you will have to increase your fuel (petrol) when injecting meth as the water/meth mix provides more oxygen resulting in a leaner mix. So it would be much easier to map the car with the meth injecting at a constant say from 5psi up
  8. Nice one Will, as I`m sure your aware, this is going to be the longest week or so ever for you. Also Good choice of camera car for Wales
  9. Thats the same one I had. The progressive controller is excellent, you can set the start point, I had mine at about 1psi then the max flow at a higher psi, I had mine set at a much higher pressure than I was making as it was pumping plenty in for my little 1800. Are you planning to just run 1 jet or multiple? just as an example, my basic sc setup without intercooler made 173bhp, added the meth & a little tune with fuel trim & Ignition it made 209bhp, then with high flow exhaust, fmic & a further tune it made 238bhp & weighed in at 978kg
  10. Great work as always, what meth kit are you going for? Are you going to run it all the time? I had one on my sc mx5, gained nearly 40bhp with the additional cooling & octane. Coupled with your nos & fmic you could fit an 07 bonnet bulge & make a beer chiller in your plenum
  11. Where are you going to get the beast tuned?
  12. Hey just a thought from your sig if you have bottles and an SC are you a blown baby or a baby that gets blown? Well I have seen it done but not inclined to speak of my conclusion on a family friendly forum Great to see the car back up & running Are you intending to keep the stock radiator?
  13. Excellent progress
  14. If you were local to me I`d do it for a drink, so long as you took your smelly oil away with you
  15. looking good, can`t wait to see the engine back in
  16. Excellent result, if only Mercedes would play ball with their claimed 30 year warranty
  17. Nice one Graham
  18. Sorry to see this, how much Is a P reg Kia worth? £500-800? Might be worth trying to settle this without involving the insurance company if your looking to upgrade to a zed
  19. Woohoo I`m finally getting some LED lights, it`s only taken me 4 1/2years
  20. As I said if they don't know the length of the nipples off hand I don't mind getting one of mine out purely for measurement purposes
  21. Do we still have these? Did he have a clipboard? I've had a little look online and it appears that the majority of brembos are an m10 thread, I'll pop one of mine out & measure it if you want? But perhaps give Hi spec ms a ring first
  22. Black ones are the best, welcome along Just watch out for the ginger ones, there a shady bunch
  23. A fellow member in the garden of England, where abouts in kent are you?
  24. Probably only at speed???? Maybe see if there is a friendly member local to you who would let you try there stock sized front tyres to see if the light still comes on? Where are you located?
  25. Stock tyres sizes Front 225 45 18 Diameter 558 Rolling circumference 1753 Rear 245 45 18 Diameter 567 rolling circumference 1780 Your old tyres: Front 235/40/18 Diameter 563 rolling circumference 1767 Rear 245/45/18 Diameter 567 rolling circumference 1781 Current tyres ( with slip light issue: Front 225/40/18 Diameter 547 rolling circumference 1718 Rear 245/45/18 Diameter 567 rolling circumference 1781 You are now driving around with a 20mm diameter difference between the front & rear therefore the rear wheels are travelling a greater distance (63mm) every rotation compared to the front. So I wouldn`t mind putting my money on tyre sizes that are causing you problem Hope this helps
×
×
  • Create New...