Jump to content

Darren-B

Members
  • Posts

    6,092
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-B

  1. I have a black one to go on my bumper once I finish repairing it, I`ll post up when I do
  2. Well, hit mr badger in the zed, then got a puncture in the derv & the locking wheel nut that came with the car doesn`t fit & to top it all off some jackass drove into the side of my van when it was parked on Friday
  3. Plus I`m not having much luck at the mo, 3 vehicles off the road in a week
  4. Well I hate driving it with all the salt & crap on the road, theres no grip, & it wrecks all the hard work put in to keep it looking
  5. Darren-B

    Mileage

    Didn`t buy it off Docwra did you? . he has 7 cars Edit: Sorry it`s 9 What colour is yours?
  6. Hopefully my hardener will turn up tomorrow so I can get the lacquer on tomorrow night, then leave it to bake for 24hours, Get it flat & polished on tuesday night & back out on the road for Wednesday. Tax runs out at the end of the month & I`m thinking about taking it off the road over the winter months for a little restoration to the underside, respray the bonnet & wings. Then perhaps a few other mods
  7. Back to Black Just awaiting the hardener, then I`ll get it lacquered, polished then go & collect some stonechips
  8. Darren-B

    Mileage

    phrase of the week I completely agree with what Ricey is saying. It`s ok buying a cheap car with milage but to keep it sweet there are parts that are going to need replacing, especially with something like the Zed, it`s not a mondeo & most people buy them for a bit of performance. My dad has an Audi A8, hes had it since it was 9months old & 9years on it`s still going strong, still on it`s original battery, starts 1st time every time & drives like it did 9 years ago. Coming close to 200k it`s cost him his fair share in the regular consumables, brakes, tyres, oil, filters & plugs. I`ve maintained & serviced the car throughout it`s life, including 2 cambelts even the second time around it took me a whole weekend. But recently I`v had to change an exhaust manifold ( absolute pig, far worse than the zed) drive shaft & starter motor. The front end bushes need doing now. With the car realistically now only worth about £1500 it`s hardly worth the hassle.
  9. Just googled her, I`m with Jay, wouldn`t let her take a dump anywhere near me but as the saying goes, `I`d smash her back doors in`
  10. 4 over 3 Dave, you bad man
  11. Just an old Seadoo GTX Ltd. No mods just an engine re-build,so running in . And I'm having a Kawasaki Stand up re built at the moment. Sorry to be off topic. Well I got the Seadoo bit right Would be after an external cover would you?
  12. Think it will all depend on how hard you drive the car & how much power your running. Mine gets this hot
  13. I was watching myself
  14. Hot!!!
  15. Nice work Chris, Hope you have shares in grinder wheels, I know your quick @ changing them Used that secret technique last week
  16. Always one flash git isn't there That would bug me, the switches are not all in line properly. When Chris nails ot out of the corners these actually line up, & I`m sure Bob will get the blame
  17. Dan Arn`t you from ESSEX?
  18. Darren-B

    Mileage

    My neighbour has an 2002 matiz with a whole 2k on the clock, He`s a brave man driving 2000miles in that thing. It offends me everytime I see it
  19. Isn`t that the Ronseal catch phrase I`m going to see how hard it really is tomorrow afternoon. Max mayer eat some lead
  20. Isn`t the turtle wax Colour magic just a black crayon? with a similar polish/compound to the black hole?
  21. Thanks Neil for the donation http://www.justgiving.com/Darren-Bell
  22. So I got the base coat done on Wednesday night, flatted it last night & it appears all my hard prep work has paid off apart from checking that I put the lid on the Hardener last time I used it So I now have a 5litre drum with what looks like it has a huge Ice cube in it. So much for taking the car out over the weekend
  23. Hi, my mate runs a local body shop and he has gon with two different grades on his D.A Polisher and now the sun is out we are going to go one more grade and see how it looks, i think i will get some black hole to fill it in, does Tim at Envy sell it? on the little sh*t front he came out of hospital on tuesday after checks. not proud but the red mist took over, So is he going to take legal action against you then? No, Dave went 'round with a balaclava and introduced the mong to the heavy grade DA and now everyone is friends again 80grit should have done the trick
  24. You won`t remove the scratches, you can only level with them or fill them
  25. Note to self, never stray from the Jap
×
×
  • Create New...