Jump to content

Darren-B

Members
  • Posts

    6,092
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-B

  1. Would like to say a big thankyou to everyone who has helped me along the way with this great event, heres the video, it`s lost resolution somehow but I`m to hungover to change it now
  2. Nursing a very sore head
  3. Done it, 4bounces & I was down in a matter of seconds, video to follow
  4. Thanks for the support guys & girls, I need it. Was up in a scissor lift today, about 40ft & was NOT happy. I`m going to need pushing over the edge tomorrow
  5. Come on you lot, only 3days to go, I need some more help with donations Also if anyone's interested there's a few of us going for a couple of beers In town if I make it down in one piece
  6. Thanks or the donation Vik
  7. Of course you can and I could take you for a spin in the Zed after Cheers all very happy @ Darren hope the weather holds mate - let us know. Didn`t get to drive it yesterday as it started raining just before I arrived, but it is a beautiful car, bright orange with orange roll cage, I`m hoping to have another chance one evening in the week if it`s dry
  8. Never heard of. A head gasket going on a na zed. The cream pie is probably down to condensation in the rockers due to the low mileage & being kept outside. Probably a sound car.
  9. Was it all noisy all the time you were moving or just when pulling away or changing gear. It`s more likely to be a hot clutch making the noise. Unless you have been drifting or spinning up the wheels? My mates mk1 mx5 used to make a "grumbly" noise when given some stick. If so i`d get the fluid changed to see if that will cure the problem
  10. Spotted a nice 10reg black 370z this evening @ medway city estate, anyone on here?
  11. Nice one Chris Just in time for winter to I`m off to drive a 997 gt3 rs tomorrow if it stays dry for long enough. It will be nice to compare to the Z
  12. Bump Anymore kind people willing to sponsor me for this event? Only 1 week until I step backwards off the ledge
  13. Well I`ve just been out this evening to scrub in my new set of SS`s. All I can say on here is "It was the most fun I`ve had in 6weeks & the grip levels in the dry are outstanding!" I paid £760 for mine & that included the disposal of the old tyres, new valves & balance. Plus it was done by someone I can trust, so was able to leave the car with him, knowing that it wouldn`t be driven or toyed with & an added bonus it was cleaned inside & out
  14. I just fitted my set of super sports on the weekend. Only driven it in the wet & they are outstanding. Great feedback & drip, they almost take everything in 3rd
  15. I know slightly off topic, but is there an easy way of limiting a DE to a valet type mode? maybe by pulling a connection plug off of somewhere? MAF?
  16. If you pay 250 for the bonnet & bumper, unless that's mates rates I doubt very much that you will be happy. If it was me I would be asking for it to be blended & flat polished as part of the job. May as well do it properly. Where abouts are you?
  17. Haha mine does that a lot :-)
  18. If its a stock car & running richer than it should it would throw a light on the dash. If its got HFCs or decats these will help add to the soot. I doubt it's anything to worry about. Just remember you are driving a 3.5l with reasonable performance, not some Eco 1litre with an egr valve & 1000cell cat!
  19. Not sure about that, I would like to walk to the pub after
  20. Sorry Colin, what does FTD mean?
  21. Nice one Graham, also I hope you can get back in your zed soon.
  22. I was delivered a Hire van yesterday after some prat drove into the side of my van on Friday whilst it was parked. A high top, long wheelbase merc sprinter, with all the toys. It`s practically brand new, on a 62plate, with only 380 miles on the clock. After a quick inspection with the delivery driver, all seemed to be ok until I took a look down the side for door dings etc. I then realised that the entire drivers side of this panel van had been replaced So I insisted that this was noted. Well it handles like a rental, takes corners well, warms up quick in the morning & the suspension takes speed bumps like a Boss. TC can be switched off & it`s RWD. White van man, king of the road. But it does make you wonder the hidden history of some vehicles, even new ones.
  23. Nice socks Well I kinda wish I did go you walk in poo. Done the top coat tonight & after turning the extractor fan off the wind kindly blew back up through the fan & the filters which are overhead giving the bumper a sprinkling of multicoloured paint dust. Excellent. Now back to square 1 tomorrow. It`s so frustrating when a fairly simple job goes t**s up
  24. This is where the Porkers come alive, if you can trust the bobbing front end to turn in then follow it through by getting the rear to squat down there outstanding & so rewarding! Lovely bit of kit. I`m hoping to get a drive of my friends 997 GT3 RS when he picks it up next week. It will be nice to compare it to his old 996 GT2 clubsport which frankly was an animal & actually frightening to drive I have seen a few of the new 991`s on the road & they do look gorgeous
×
×
  • Create New...