Jump to content

Darren-B

Members
  • Posts

    6,092
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-B

  1. Just a quick teaser )
  2. I'll try & get some videos up from in car on Sunday night
  3. What a great day guys, possible one of the most enjoyable track days I've ever experienced, with excellent driving standards & not to busy, my last session me, Will & Andy pretty much had the circuit to ourselves, which was great as i managed to get away with some 3rd gear full lock drifting theough Quarries & the following chicane I managed to use 1 1/2 tanks of fuel but it was definitely worth it, Can't wait to see the pics & videos. A big thanks to Ken, Graham & Ian for making the effort to come down & join us. Sorry we only had a short session out Ken, shame about the red flag & lack of remaining time
  4. No, front & rear clamshells gone, left rear suspension gone & floor pan gone, a very sad day
  5. Oh and I`m not being a badge snob, please don`t slag me off
  6. Just seen this, I hope your bringing it on SUnday I had an S2 Elise before the Zed, absolutely Awesome cars! heres a sneaky one of my old beast (k20 Honda`d) 3weeks before hit by some twonk in an AUDI
  7. But if you want one & don`t get it before the tune you will have another outlay of a trip down to abbey, an hours dyno time & snacks. Get a tent
  8. Why don`t you get a charge pipe now before your tune? You know it makes sense, & will look much better
  9. Any joy with taking a look @ the regulator bypass??
  10. Bypass is a bit fiddly & a tight squeeze but I`ve had plenty of practise now before you take it out again go get yourself a selection of o-rings (screwfix or machine mart to boxes with like 400in of various different sizes) that way if you split one you can replace it easily
  11. Check the Earth from the ignition loom, its the one that bolts on with 10mm nut onto the timing case cover on the front. Theres a certain member, mentioning no names that got a little green over this after he had painted the timing cover & insulated the connection This one
  12. Give the large o-ring a wash & stick it in the freezer, it will shrink back to size. You don`t need to replace them each time you take them out, so long as everything is clean when it goes back. A bit of Vasaline or non oil based grease will help it stay in place whilst trying to get the syphon pipe back on & basket into place. & remember don`t take it out with more than 2/3 of a tank of fuel
  13. Plenty of space there. A lift would be cool, you have plenty of headroom
  14. yes Install the bypass plug assembly. Do not forget the o-ring that is supplied with the fuel system (1) or it will result in an internal pressure leak. See here the destructions http://blog.cj-motorsports.com/2012/06/14/cjm-stage-0-rfs-350zg35-coupe.aspx Without both o-rings it will not hold internal pressure & your idle will be crap which is what your experiencing Also what size did you drill the jet? when I did mine 1.5mm was to small & I couldn`t get the FP below 45psi so went for 2mm as I also did on Octets & GT4Zeds they all work fine with plenty of baseline adjustment
  15. That's where your problem is. You will have to pull the fuel pump back out, check the connections but I suspect it will be the regulator bypass incorrectly fitted, hold on I'll get you a pic
  16. There not @ cahoots, there at the docks awaiting their next shipment
  17. I was referring to an internal pressure leak within the FRS, an easy way to tell is to prime the fuel system by switching the ignition on & off a few times (wait 10secs between each time) & look @ the pressure gauge, if the needle falls within a minute you have an internal pressure leak
  18. Not sure if a member on here but had a short drive on Hoath way & onto the M2 with a nice topless Roadster thisafternoon
  19. Hi & Welcome. Where abouts in kent are you? Free next Sunday morning to meet some friendly folk? http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/73384-the-big-kent-east-sussex-run-28th-july-13/page__st__60#entry1098227
  20. A quick rear pad change today, I don`t think the old ones would have lasted another trackday & a quick snap of the new drop link fitted
  21. Has the idle been that high since the tune Peter? if not I`d suspect a possible air leak to be the problem. especially if the revs are holding @ 1500 before dropping down
  22. Haha I did it right on mine & Bennetts, it was just yours I missed
  23. Spanners are @ the ready Adrian & looks like Buster & Keyser are ready too
  24. What have you set your base FP at? (with vacuum pipe dis-conected? I think Mark`s base map is tuned for 38psi. If your running less pressure it will obviously run a bit leaner. Or you could have a pressure leak in the return system. Did you make sure you put 2no o-rings on the regulator bypass?
×
×
  • Create New...