Jump to content

Darren-B

Members
  • Posts

    6,092
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-B

  1. Sorry for partly crashing your thread I did the same when I got my zed, the big craze was all about pop chargers & exhausts, so I went & did it, soon to return the car back to stock as the negative factors out weighed the positive ones. I`m pretty sure that without a re-map, hfc`s & decats lose you mid range torque without a re-map, uprev or piggyback. Along with a pop-charger increasing inlety temps. But I`m sure Mark will be able to confirm soon.
  2. What might you be doing on there then Ian
  3. +1 seriously unreliable but absolutely amazing cars, If you haven`t driven one you shouldn`t judge. I`ve been lucky enough to drive the three in which my uncle has owned, A griffith 500, cerbera 4.2 & sagaris. Also Hired a Sagaris a couple of years back. All of which (when working) put the zed to shame. An out right hardcore FR Sports car with the added bonus of a beautiful interior. If I had the cash & time to maintain one I would buy A Sagaris tomorrow.
  4. Unless your going FI is it really worth fitting decats? Mark are there any proven gains over high flow cats? Surely you will just lose back pressure thus mid range torque? Or can this be corrected with the Up-Rev?
  5. Let me drive it, I`ll let you know how good the dampers are On a serious not, do the above, but if you have a damper gone when you drive over bumps the car will tend to sway/wallow about. If your still unsure take it to your local MOT centre & have it checked properly
  6. Any more discounts for a group buy?
  7. Welcome Where in the country are you based
  8. Chris & Southern speed have just voiced my thoughts exactly. I in no way drive my car like miss daisy but as many other members on here have witnessed. I drive my car on & off track fairly hard but treat it with the utmost respect mechanically. Always monitoring & replacing fluids, lubricants etc. Using only the best products including fuel. Very rarely hitting the limiter, never changing down to over rev the car, using heel-n toe to reduce the negative drive load as I change down. I believe this is a more suited attitude to have if you are going to drive a car hard. It clearly shows that those who do not look after theirs cars correctly tend to pay the price. Mines 7years old now, 65k, 30+ full trackdays, plenty of drifting & fast road use, still on original clutch, flywheel & ENGINE That`s my 2pence
  9. Nice ride Colin, Sam certainly enjoyed it So what was the verdict then? or
  10. IMO with an attitude like this against the car, along with poor maintenance I`m not suprised you have killed 2cars. I`m not here to argue your points even though you contradict yourself within the same post with reference to "ragging the s**t out of the zed" & "so I do know how to look after an engine and know what can happen if you don't" Clearly you need to adjust your approach to the way you drive & mainain your vehicles
  11. Once you go black & all
  12. Looks more like LOST,
  13. I can completely understand why people do it, the taxes in this country are extortionate
  14. Surely you would be taking a bit of a risk not declaring the value of them, what if they were damaged or got lost in transport? They would then be under insured.
  15. I spent £47k on two zeds in 2007 You must have enjoyed it, does that include the one you test drove
  16. Many moons ago many of us paid 3 times that & more for our zeds. Get yourself a bargain & enjoy it
  17. Have they nothing better to write about? Door Handles
  18. Darren-B

    Battery

    If the voltage doesn`t rise when the car is started it might not necessarily be the battery, maybe the alternator is a bit tired
  19. easily done, a jack, a couple of sockets/spanners, either 14mm or 17mm & an allen key (6mm I think) It shouldn`t take you more than an hour
  20. If you phone a local independent windscreen repairer they will be able to get one for you, probably for less than you have paid @ the breakers for a used one
  21. Great work, was it much trouble to get the headlight units apart? I have water marks in mine & need to clean them
  22. Very good price, I will have to see if my work load lightens off a bit nearer the time before I can commit to this :drive:
  23. Haha The seller is TDI in Thurrock, check out his other items for sale. I reckon that they have blown up a zed & trying to get some £££ back
×
×
  • Create New...