Jump to content

docwra

Members
  • Posts

    4,891
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by docwra

  1. Out of interest, have you actually driven anything other than a 350Z and a Golf R32 as thats about the most desperate comparison Ive heard Your life must be a constant journey of learning and discovery.
  2. Decent power/cost ratio. Not if you take the Motec ECU into account as well I would add that porting without flow testing can often do more harm than good, its a dark art this NA tuning I tell yer
  3. Sadly I have to agree too, the VQ doesnt have anything going for it that would make it the first choice to chuck loads of money at and frankly speaking neither has the car its fitted in I could understand it in an M car, or a Porsche, or even an MR2 Roadster but it just seems like spending cash for the sake of it. It might be worth dropping a PM to Fake Ben Taylor on here though, I know he was having many of the same ideas not too long ago, there might be a better way of gettign to the top of the hill ........ but I doubt it
  4. Hmmm. <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak....f=b50d220b37a3" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> The link in the middle seems to work, strange.
  5. Theres a vid taken by a guy standing quite close, he was using a livestream app and you can actually see the shockwave heading up to, and then killing the poor dude ........... but its one of the most intense bits of footage Ive ever seen. Not everyones cup of tea, theres nothing gory but as I say, theres no way the cameraman survived, RIP. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=052_1439456804
  6. Seems like a good opportunity to stick this up: Thats the bottom end of a Rolls Royce Merlin engine, cant imagine the forces needed to bend the crank like that
  7. Yep, IMO theres nothing wrong with the OP's car. Minimum tyre width is usually much wider than you think but Ive never known anyone get pulled up on it, even running 225's on 9's. You can get nicked for vehicle condition but again, I cant see the OP's car falling into that either.
  8. Hate to say it but RE050A are worlds better than FK453's, is the reason that you dont like grip?
  9. Sadly a good friend of mine was converted to the darkside this week when he had a Tesla on test. My friends tend to be a bit less interested in range and stuff though:
  10. Errrr, "Buddy Club" and "Standard sounding" go together like "salt" and "ice cream" Custom exhausts can be pretty loud too unless you throw a few silencers in along the way
  11. Did the RE050a even exist when the 350z was designed? First 350's were rolling on Bridgestone RE040's from what I've read. Yep, and they are horrible, horrible things., I literally removed mine after about 200 miles of driving on them.
  12. How about an OEM exhaust and about £550 of change?
  13. We still have tickets left for this, get involved! Highlights this year will (hopefully) include a certain GTR engined BDC car doing grip, the Puman Centipede (6 identical Ford Pumas, you work out the rest) and a rather special Lambo as well .........
  14. Not crazy at all, I deliberately went for cloth as a) you dotn slide about on it as much and it wears much better than leather, my 100K examples look nearly new
  15. If youd have asked Id have told you
×
×
  • Create New...