Jump to content

docwra

Members
  • Posts

    4,891
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by docwra

  1. Now that I have new tyres, yes. Note use of word "new", that has a lot more to do with it than "matching"
  2. docwra

    Wheel Spacers

    20mm on ET35 leaves ET15 mate. Offsets are meaningless without widths as well
  3. Not everyone is as adamant that your tyres need to be matched Maxi. Ive just put RE050's on the rear of my car so my tyres are apparently "matched" ........ except the fronts are 30mm narrower and 7,000 miles older. The car does grip better at the rear, but thats because the old tyres were knackered.
  4. OOOOF. I came so, so close to buying a white convertible in St Tropez a few years back - it was only EUR 9000 and I could have driven it back. Still regret it to this day If the wife gives you too much heat Ill happily take her off your hands (the car, not the missus)
  5. Whats wrong with imports? Any dealer car going for £6K is going to be a dog Im afraid, Id be buying privately at that money.
  6. My advice? Run someone elses business for about 6 years before starting your own, learn how to do it without the risk The best advice I can give anyone starting a small business these days is to record what you have been doing - any business from a 1 man decorator to a 3000 person spacecraft production facility needs to be on top of its financials,a nd the biggest one of them is billable time vs cost. Keep a diary, note down everything you do over the course of a day, and at the end of the week (or month) sit down and get your books bang up to date with ins and outs. Compare this against your billable/non billable hours, you get a much better picture for where the business is heading and it also makes improving processes and procedures a lot more straightforward. The biggest pitfall Ive seen from people starting out is simply not working hard enough, as they think they are making more money than they actually are. EDIT: I dont want to sound harsh but deciding you are going to start a business then thinking of what you are going to do is definitely the difficult way - much better to have the idea, product or experience first IMO
  7. Lools like many have a rather heavy foot. I got 20k plus on my last set of Falkens. Any they were still legal when I changed them I went through 8 sets in 13 months, try harder Just fitted RE050A's to the back of my car to match the fronts and they are easily the best tyre Ive used for grip out back, Im really impressed. Not really used them much in the wet yet, but if you arent going to be drifting or doing burnouts then they are worth the extra over the Toyos or FK452's Would also add that although they are undoubtedly the best, IMO the difference between Michelins and Bridestones isnt worth the extra money.
  8. My Dad bought my Grandad a manual car as if he had a "moment" the car would be more likely to stall than to careen into a busstop full of nuns Its a difficult one TBH, Ive recently seen a mates Mum deteriorate from being fine to not having a clue inside of 6 months He has taken her license and car, said it was the most difficult thing he has ever had to do, but hes glad he has.
  9. Similar to my experience Id say. She might be stunningly beautiful, great in bed, a cordon blue chef and drink you under the table but that doesnt make her your soulmate This quote, genius:
  10. Registered as a demo by Crawley Downs Nissan some 3 months before I bought it, so that was a bonus Pics of the missus?
  11. Totally O/T, but did you deliberately get a numberplate that read "Guns"??
  12. Stock, always. Even plenum spacers and the like would probably be frowned on. The only exception Ive seen to this rule is people buying JDM cars from auction with a view to modifying/racing them, in those cases its often cheaper to buy modded in the first place but these are pretty small parts of the car buying demographic.
  13. Out of interest, how many people calling the GTR "clinical" and "boring" have driven one??? And properly driven one, as hard as you like? I think you have to take into account the package with it, the initial cost, depreciation, practicality, running costs, ease of use and on those its not a direct competitor for Fezzas, Astons or Lambos, its never going to be as evocative as they are as its not as flawed in the above respects. Compare it to a 997 or an R8 though ....... both of which have left me pretty cold in the past.
  14. Leaning toward yes ........ but Id get some spacers and lower the cars first
  15. docwra

    HSD Coilovers

    Im not being paid, honest, but the HSD's are about the best road/track compromise Ive used. They can get a little floaty when cresting, but other than that I couldnt fault them at Donington, and the improvement on the road is marked as well. If Im ever looking to replace the Hipermax on my S13 then theres a bloody good chance Ill be looking here.
  16. Cheaper to buy aftermarket bumpers and wings TBH, headlights are a stinger and difficult to find though.
  17. The question I always ask is ........ are you allowed to change gear when you like, or when they tell you ......... A friend of mine recently did an Aston day but was told to change up at 5K
  18. Prescott is awesome, weve been down there with SX Owners for the past couple of years and had a great time - the track is cool and the area is beautiful. Im jealous.
  19. Gram Light 57s Pro, cant believe those are standard sizes though, reckon they have had some further work. I know not everyone will agree, but thats a pretty amazing picture for me is that
  20. Ive got an LCD LG 100Hz and an LED LG 100Hz and honestly dont believe you can do better at the money - astonishingly good pictures, particularly on Bluray. Weve just bought a 42 inch version for the SXOC they are that good.
  21. docwra

    Wheel Spacers

    Youve just detailed all of the sizes of Rota there are my friend, you probably only have one of them If you want the wheels to sit just inside the arches, you need a spacer that is similar sized - for instance, if your current gap is 25mm then a 20mm spacer will probably do what you are looking for We cant help unless we know what width and offset your current rims are though
  22. Oh you'd be surprised: The amount of threads I've seen with "I was passing Elises/Caterhams/GT3s all day in my Zed!" on here beggars belief! They were parked in the pits though TBF, a friend of mine has just done a 8.34 at the Ring in a 230hp SX on road tyres, it can be done ........ Of course its not going to be in the same league as a trackday special, but I tell you the eye opener for me - after years of driving shonky driftcars or 200SX's on their limit of power to a track, having get the tools out when I arrive, change tyres, fiddle with suspension settings, suffer from noise on the way up and back its an absolute pleasure to cruise up, stick a helmet on, rag about with the air con blowing and then just drive back again. Seriously considering a European tour this winter as the car seems to be capable and is enough fun on track to warrant it
  23. Nicely put my friend, very nicely put. In the first session, at least for the first few laps I was being very, very careful as the sudden change in balance would certainly be enough to send you spinning into a barrier if you were at the limit - a couple of the guys behind me commented how they werent too keen on passing as they kept seeing my car shimmy and clouds of (tyre) smoke coming from the front! The second session was totally different, with some nice 4 wheel drifts and a bit of movement under braking, and is the first time Ive realised quite how good the car is - I dont think you can reach that point with the nanny aids left on, I really dont, and as Ive said elsewhere my opinion is that you are denying yourself something if you do. Sure, its not for the average man on the street, and my misuss drives everywhere with everything turned on, but on the track its a different story.
  24. Deactivates everything, including ABS, which I didnt even get close to needing on track I went from this ....... ...... to this ......... ........ in three plugs
  25. But I had matched tyres Realised my explanation was a bit rubbish, I basically pulled off the cover for the brake fluid, and you can see three connectors on top of each other, each with an ovalish plug. I pulled all three of these - top and bottom were easy, middle one needed pliers. You know youve done it right as the TC off and SLIP lights come up on the dash after its been done Will try get a pic later
×
×
  • Create New...