Jump to content

martinmac

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    27,445
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by martinmac

  1. Take your pick.
  2. Have a good one buddy.
  3. Hi and welcome to the forum. Your budget seems fine to me.
  4. Hi and welcome to the forum. Always nice to see a spotted card worked.
  5. A very worthy cause. I also hate heights........ and bridges.
  6. Congratulations, a very rare car.
  7. Spotted and carded on Friday night parked up near the river. Anyone on here.
  8. Hi and welcome along.
  9. And remember guys, if you are a new members who hasnt forund a zed or for whatever reason you cant bring yours, just turn up and enjoy a great weekend, no zed needed to join in.
  10. Many happy returns from Al and I, Team cement.
  11. Where are you from mate.
  12. Forget Barton Townley in Barrow.
  13. Spotted in what they call a car park as I was leaving work today, Kuro roadster with nice wheels, a spoiler and a private plate. Carded.
  14. martinmac

    Jersey Meet

    Just a little addition to this post. I appreciate times are a little testing at the moment and this weather isnt helping but.... The numbers attending meets and shows this year is very much down on recent years. This is in no way a rant but just a point for discussion and to make people aware of where we are. The major shows allow the forum to show what and who we are and spread the word generally. This is an important part of marketing the forum. I must admit that being such a friendly place really helps too. For the meets and shows organised by the REOs and others its as important to get along and show support. IMO once you have been to one of these you will appreciate what you have been missing. Its one of those situation when more people turning up will make them more attractive to others who will then attend and off we go. The REOs put a lot of their own time into sorting the meets out are take into consideration what their local members want. Please support them. For the major shows its even more important to show your support. Apart from the time it takes to organise these events there is also a considerable finacial outlay. If people dont attend then money is lost. I am not referring to LakeZ as I consider what it costs me as a fair price for a fun weekend. For other events its not as straightforward. Have a look in the various sections and see if there is anything that you can support and I can promise you that you will have a great time. Many bring their partners along and as far as I can see they have a great time agreeing that we are all nuts and have lost the plot with the way we view these cars. Anyway thanks for reading this and your future support would be greatly appreciated.
  15. Just to add a little perspective to this. I was driving to work on Tuesday. It had been raining and the roads were very wet. I was waiting to join a dual carriageway which meant crossing the lanes and turning right a traffic lights. I was not in a hurry and turned the corner at about 20 mph. The car took a 180 spin. Fortuantely there were no other cars around me and nothing else to hit. I recovered the car and proceeded carefully until I was confident whatever was on the road was not still on my tyres. I have new matching tyres all round. These things do happen, there was oil or similar on the road and I was pretty lucky to get away with it. This was in a 4wd imprezza btw.
  16. I would get a local member to give it a once over too. We tend to know what to look for.
  17. I am sure Halfords sell it.
  18. You mean this stuff. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duck-Curved-Mas ... B0013DEE0K
  19. Fantastic pics Jim, I am really jealous.
  20. martinmac

    LakeZ 2012

    Indeed it is Bronzee, a very rare car. I asked him if he drove up with the roof down with all the rain and he told me it makes no difference.
  21. martinmac

    LakeZ 2012

    Then again.... I just love wheels.
×
×
  • Create New...