Jump to content

martinmac

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    27,445
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by martinmac

  1. Having thought about the three games I guess I now get it. Its Roys way of playing. I am not sure it will work against Italy but having watched England play better and attractive soccer and then lose I guess we are going to have to get used to this defending and breaking game.
  2. I will make sure the piano is tuned.
  3. Come on guys, this will cost me a fortune at this rate.
  4. I think we were very lucky to win. A totally lackluster performance by most of them. They are going to have to up their game a lot to beat anyone else.
  5. Where exactly are you Martin? Well about an hour really, I am in Cark in Cartmel and at the LakeZ meet next weekend.
  6. Hi and welcome to the forum.
  7. Nearly as bad.
  8. I rarely wear a watch but have a few bling ones for special occasions including one very bling one.
  9. This one master. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=41804&hilit=+watches
  10. Hi and welcome to the forum. Just down the road from you mate.
  11. Do you really need one with such a luxurious ferry.
  12. Event shelter and flags will be great mate. The baggie one has been contacted and I am hoping he will be there. Speckled hens on standby.
  13. At the moment we are looking at 40 cars including the other models so pretty much ahead of last years numbers. Cheers btw Chris, I still have the stick and Liz bought me a head torch with a built in compass for my birthday so I should be fine.
  14. In one. To lift 1300 tonnes the caisson is submerged to 7 m which drops the weight to 850 tonnes. Airbags then lift it to 650 and the jobs a good one. Very clever stuff though. The finished product should look like this. The old bridge is 140m high, this one is 220m. I dont like heights.
  15. The A team are back together and I know I have been a bit quiet but this is what we have been up to. The days of relaxing on the Thames are over and we are having to work for a living for a change. The tug has moved to Scotland so we just about got out of the way before the south east started flooding. The quality of the pics atent great as they are often taken through the bridge windows whilst driving. Hoepfully, for those who are interested they will give you the idea. So first you have to dig a few holes and take the mud and rocks away. Then the rather large caissons arrive on the scene and the real work starts. Then its a matter of getting the crane barge into position to start lifting. The large caisson weighs 1300 tonnes and the crane can only lift 650 tonnes so its all clever stuff. Can you tell what its going to be yet.
  16. I havent seen it yet, my house is a mound of scaffolding after having a new roof fitted. Thats the mod budget shot for the year. The sccoby is getting done tomorrow whilst I am watching another member taking a step which may rather limit his auto spend for the year. Both will be available for viewing you know where at the end of the month, the cars that is.
  17. Apart from Jamie who I spotted in Dundee recently I am sure the rest can scrape some money together for a great weekend at LakeZ. viewtopic.php?f=57&t=55664
  18. martinmac

    LakeZ 2012

    Another quick update. I caled into the hotel on the way home and there are three double/twin rooms left. If you fancy camping I know this weather isnt very inspiring but lets face it, all of June cant be cold and damp. The band are booked and I am working on another one at no extra cost to attendees. The food will be available all weekend as last year with the usual great full english to kick the day off. You can bring your own booze but please dont take it into the hotel building. If you want to BBQ thats fine, just put the BBQ on some sort of base, not straight onto the grass. There is an Asda a few miles away for last minute purchases. Nissan have donated some great stuff for the raffle, there are also some atems froma local alchohol outlet. I know times are not great at the moment so I am trying very hard to keep costs down. £10 per person entry and £5 camping has to be a pretty cheap weekend. So come along and celebrate what is a large part of ownership, getting together and enjoying a great weekend. Tim from Envy will be there with some great products and as always free advice. The weekend isnt about making money, any prfit goes straight to St Marys hospice, this includes ALL the money from the raffle.
  19. Ditto. I am just happy it stopped raining long enough for Dr Tim to work his magic.
  20. martinmac

    LakeZ 2012

    Just having a morning free from bridges and barges so thought I would update this. The band have confirmed they are up for it and Tim from Envy is already rumoured to be in the area sorting out a very neglected car He will be there for the weekend with lots of free advice a great products. Anyone who fancies a run on the steam railway and steamers on the saturday then let me know and I will get the details. I am off on wednesday and will call into the hotel to sort out the details with them. They can provide catering all day and the breakfasts are great.
  21. Sounds like you have caught the camping bug martin. I will try harder to get a better reading this year.
  22. Many happy returns guys.
  23. No problems mate, I can always sort accom out and there is plenty of room to camp.
×
×
  • Create New...