-
Posts
27,445 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by martinmac
-
Very nice pics bud, the weather looks great. I can almost smell the burning rubber.
-
I take it the hand car wash was at a Nissan dealers then.
-
Hi and welcome to the forum. You have appreciated the difference so just take it easy until you get the hang of it. There are driver training days available all over the country and these are very worthwhile.
-
Come on guys, nothing like a quick spin round the track to set you up for the day.
-
Now theres a rare one, Steve and run in the same sentence.
-
And by the time the parts arrived it would take as long to sort out.
-
Its just mother nature reminding us who is in control. And we can influence the climate....
-
It would be interesting to price the car if you bought all the components as single items from Nissan.
-
Hi and welcome to the forum. It sounds like the failure is at the usual point, many have this problem. It can usually be welded for about £20. There are also a lot of owners who have upgraded their exhaust and have the old ones in storage. However........ maybe it will need an aftermarket exhaust.
-
Roadster roof damage – warranty declined a claim
martinmac replied to felex6's topic in Warranty Issues
One other small point which may be worth mentioning. All my correspondence to customer services of any note was copied to this place. Its always worth letting them know you are a member on here in my opinion. They are well aware of this place and its not a matter of threatening to slate them in public, more a suggestion that you are well aware of other people with issues which seem to be related. I would definately let the dealer know that you are not happy, Nissan CS will have contacted them anyway. The next move should be you getting bumped up to a senior manager. They will also be very keen close the case when it has been resolved, leave it a while until you are sure all is well. -
Another newbie with some questions
martinmac replied to CavemaN1010's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Whats this weeks lottery numbers Lee. -
Another newbie with some questions
martinmac replied to CavemaN1010's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Try a pm to R35LEE, he may have one -
Ask Nissan for a quote first, it ALWAYS reduces the pain.
-
Another newbie with some questions
martinmac replied to CavemaN1010's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Hi and welcome to the forum. The easiest way to sort out the head unit is to replace it. Have a look in the ICE section, there are several good options. The traders on here will be able to help out with the spoiler. Where are you based btw. There are some great meets and shows coming up. -
Hi and welcome to the forum. As Jay says it the usual postcode lottery for insurance. Chris Knott are very good and fully understand mods. Have a search for the fuel question, its been discussed at great length. Personally I wouldnt worry if you need to use 95. High octane is better though.
-
Thanks Steve thats great news. Can I ask that anyone wishing to add their names from now pay before posting up. Great number for this.
-
Moved it to wanted bud but I am sure that R35LEE or Zmanalex will be able to sort out anything you need.
-
I would agree that the coupe may be more pracical for general use. The roadster is probably a lot nicer on sunny weekends. I would suggest that people stay clear of suggestions that the roadtser cannot be made into a very fast car. Cue Zmanalex.
-
Roadster roof damage – warranty declined a claim
martinmac replied to felex6's topic in Warranty Issues
Just a little more history on mine to put the level of training into prospective. The dealer had been given the car a month before as the roof wasnt working well. This first surfaced at the Hoon in September in heavy rain. The "mechanic" worked the hood back and forward by hand for an hour or so and greased it. I then got A month or so later it wasnt any better and was returned to the dealer. Initially they said they had tested all the component parts and they were fine. The roof just didnt work. Eventually the motor, catch and one of the sensors were replaced and the car was returned to me. I was still not convinced and had issues a couple of weeks ago. Firstly, I would question the sense in working the hood back and forwards by hand for an hour. I would have thought this would damage the sensors, Secondly, were I a sceptic, I would question how the parts had been tested and were ok and then three were not. Thirdly, and the main reason I have posted this here, it proves to me that I could have pretty well taken the car to any garage for this level of experience and support. I am of the opinion that this bad winter has caused much of the roof problems we are having at the moment. My car is an 05 plate and was my daily driver. The roof was used during previous winters. This year, due to the weather, the car has been lightly used and the roof moved only to try to keep it working. We have certainly not had the number of roof problems on the forum in previous years. The roof jamming issue TSB was for an 04 car so its not new. -
Sooo.... looks like i might not be flying then!
martinmac replied to Jak's topic in Off Topic Discussion
You have to remember that for some of the budget airways they have multiple routes for the same aircraft and so unless they can operate a full service it doesnt work. They need to be able to bounce about all over Europe to make money. As such its cheaper to stay on the ground I would have thought. They dont pay compensation unless you begin your journey. -
Nice one. Its early enough to start anyway.
-
Sooo.... looks like i might not be flying then!
martinmac replied to Jak's topic in Off Topic Discussion
It is looking more promising though. The airlines will be as keen to get you off as we are. JUST KIDDING BUD. -
Hi and welcome to the forum. Have a look at the sticky for new members in the FAQ section, there are some handy links in there.
-
Roadster roof damage – warranty declined a claim
martinmac replied to felex6's topic in Warranty Issues
OK bud, I will try and cover what I can. My personal experience was with a roof failure out of warranty and Nissan customer services agreed to cover half the cost. I could have had it fixed cheaper but wanted to see how they would deal with it. Initial;ly my local dealer had the car for three weeks and didnt know what to do, they said that all the info they had was in Japanese. I would have thought that there would be someone somewhere, hopefully in the UK that could walk them through the checks. But enough of my roof. You have recorded the fault under warranty so it is still an open issue. In my opinion no dealer in the UK that I have heard of with the possible exception of someone like Marshalls in Cambridge who do a high volume, have a clue about the roadster roof. I would not think any of the staff have been trained on them which I think is a fundamental problem. There is a TSB to cover the opening problem for the roof. Two of the wishbones are known to give problems especially when it cold. As such, its would seem to me to be reasonable to suggest that the issues covered in the TSB, accompanied with a very cold winter ( which the cars should be able to handle) would cause enough stress to give your problem. My experience with customer services has been generally good as far as communications are concerned although it does seem to depend on who you are allocated. I must say that I am impressed with the way you have presented your case and I would be very suprised if they say a full no. Remember, they can suggest a 50% discount on parts and lose nothing, just their profit. I would like to see someone independent inspecting the damage and putting in a report. It shouldn't happen under normal use. Feel free to pm me if I can be of any help. -
I have sent him a pm Steve.