Jump to content

martinmac

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    27,445
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by martinmac

  1. To be honest the 50mph was irrelevant, I could see anything.
  2. I have never been the stay at home type. 16yo in 1973, all over the far east. Shelled in a civil war in Mozambique. A year on a motor yacht in Dubai. Worked for 5 years in the Falklands and a good spell in the South American jungle. All this helps me to cope with where I live now.
  3. I can get the one in Cornwall looked at of you want.
  4. I already have them but will add that if anyone wants to google Nismo and Berks then you will be pretty busy.
  5. Horizontal dust being blown over the road, it was like being back in the desert.
  6. Using their specs I would never have got married. Sorry, I may die now.
  7. I think one of the problems is that one mod complimets another so when they are presented stand alone you dont get the full effect. I was lucky and was sent a pic by Digsy which I loved and went for it. Try having a look at a few modded cars and see what floats your boat.
  8. Post 06 Golfs can have serious and expensive issues. This is from a friend who makes his living fixing them.
  9. I will never forget what happened when my son posted my car on the VAG forum. Go for it mate, its your car.
  10. I will stick something in when I get on a secure server. Always happy to help out in unfortunate circumstances.
  11. The first rule of modding mate. If you like it its good. The guys on here will be honest but fair and I am sure you will get a lot of positive suggestions.
  12. After a very impressive start I am sure the venture will go from strength to strength. Well done Chris.
  13. Thats sad mate but your wanting to hang around is a great complement to the membership on here.
  14. Hi and welcome to the forum.
  15. Anyone else get caught in these today. Pretty scary. Going through the ten mile roadworks south of scotch corner the wind was blowing the dust and dirt from the piled up soil across the road. Visibility down to about 20 feet. Quite a few crashes too.
  16. Doesnt work mate. My local garage are bad at registering the MOT so even when I have one it doesnt work. If the car isnt MOTd and insured the system blocks the application.
  17. Hi and welcome to the forum.
  18. Many happy returns dad.
  19. I was pulled by the police because my tax was out of date. It ws an mgbgt owned by a so called friend.
  20. I drove a car from the south coast to Cumbria with no mot. The owner didnt tell me. Got stopped by the police and I was fine.
  21. It may be worth mentioning again guys that its pretty much a pleasure to moderate this forum. Now and again we have to make some judgement calls which may not to be everyones liking. It can be a thankless task over the winter when there are no show and meets to push. In the main its pretty simple and we dont mind, I dont have the admin tasks to do though which makes it easier. Its not easy selecting moderators though and as the site becomes busier there is more to do. Dave has done a splendid job on here and has put a lot of time and effort into the forum. The team very much operate as a team and its always difficult to recruit new guys to join up. Chris Mike, Chris I and Neo spend a lot of time making this forum work and its worth remembering that its there knwledge and experience that keeps this place running. The green guys have it easy compared to them but have to deal with the tantrums as well.
  22. Its a Barrovian thing.
  23. There is an early import for sale locally for £5.5 K. The owner bought it but doesnt like driving it due to the power.
  24. If you are moving to where I think you are I can offer you a unique service.
  25. I got one from Tim at Envy and its great.
×
×
  • Create New...