Jump to content

martinmac

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    27,445
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by martinmac

  1. Hi and welcome to the forum, see you at Zedfest.
  2. Cough lakez cough.
  3. Sure is.
  4. As a big fan of curling I have no idea what you mean.
  5. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15928
  6. One other point, I thought it was a public sector strike.
  7. http://www.bonhams.com/eur/auction/19286/lot/428/#
  8. What would you be looking at picking up if you were bidding there today. http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.s ... odpreview#
  9. I am a big fan of the old apprenticeship system. Get the work experience and do the qualification at the same time. The best of both worlds.
  10. I would say its to a very large extent the relevance of the degree to the job title. In my mind unless its directly related such as in the field of law or medicine it proves a degree of ability and intelligence. I would say that its largely down to how the person interviews.
  11. well it didnt meet its reserve. A very knowledgeable member has had a good look at it though if anyone is intereste. He already has several so was just giving it a once over. If anyone is seriously interested pm me and i will pass on the report.
  12. Thanks Toby.
  13. I dont think there is an easy life anywhere anymore, self employed is a major worry, anyone salaried has to be very careful they can justify their job. Savings are needed in all sectors. Its a long road out of this situation but we are better off than many countries. In my opinion.
  14. In theory I only work six months of the year Rich, I get the same comments, normally over one of the 52 weekends a year.
  15. Can do mate, he may be away at the moment, tried to pop round and catch him on Thursday.
  16. Nice mate, my e-mail is in my profile, can you e mail it to Ryan.
  17. My union are actually very good Stew, a bit like the AA, if i need them i call them otherwise they send me a card once a year. I kinda works. Called them twice and got sorted twice.
  18. Hi and welcome, I am sure he will find you soon.
  19. If i was to brief and honest I would sum it up as "Welcome to the world I have lived in for several year, 10% of my salary and 14% from my employer to prop up my reduced pension at 66".
  20. Hi and welcome to the forum Chris. I know where there is one for 5k which would fit the bill. If you are interested Pm username Max for the details, its not advertised anywhere.
  21. Hi and welcome to the forum.
  22. We like car pics. Its the hidden spam that is causing the problem so we have to do this.
×
×
  • Create New...