Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. I'd imagine they will be cheap, sold on the ferry/port/service stations and the fine if you dont have one is not a lot either. Not a lot to worry about. What THEY need to be worried about is is someone does have one of these devices, tests themselves and is given the all clear, where do they stand if the Police use a more accurate measure and find them over the limit? Surely they will have to have some kind of accredited devices that they accept work within tolerance
  2. Are Caymans known to be unreliable? (genuine question). I've seen more Z4's and Z3's than Porkers parked at the side of the road waiting for recovery. Dont think I've ever seen a Zed but given how few there are thats not suprising.
  3. +1 we are genuinely nice to the vast majority of new members (as we have been to Val) but if noobs put members on the back foot from the start, patience soon wears thin. This guy has told us he knows what he is doing and will meet deadlines, yet thinks its perfectly acceptable to come on here to find where he can get a fairly rare widebody kit for next day delivery. Then gets shirty when we say its not going to happen.
  4. IMO text speak has no place on this forum. We have no real character limit like text messages which is where text speak was bourne from, and it also makes what people are trying to say very hard to understand. If people dont have the time to write what they want to say proplerly then I dont have the time to read it Text speak is for text messages, where even now you dont have a character limit on them any more as you can link multiple messages together, so even there its pretty irrelevant.
  5. And as you get free refils (which I hear are rather hard to actually get!), you could just wax all your mates/families/forums cars with it too and never run out
  6. See you can be helpful
  7. I actually found my mums WRX hawkeye more exciting to drive than my Z Thats because you're a chav innit bruv. Just look at the F&F car you have now
  8. Jez's post already says he will give you 10% off RRP, I assume you are after more? For the amount of time you have waited to try and get a GB going and a few more people, you may as well have had them done by now and be enjoying them
  9. Cant argue with that I guess
  10. This man has good taste
  11. Now now, play nice. For clarity sake, please do not use UV Worldwide, they are some of the worst kits ever
  12. Totally agree. When I took the Cayman S out on track, it was brilliant, but the Zed is nearly on par and far cheaper. Same can be said for pretty much every aspect of the Cayman S vs 370z, and I feel the standard Cayman (having never been in one, basing it on your feedback), leaves you some what wanting for more. With the Nissan at its price point you can get away with it, but for a Porker, it should be giving more. Nice to know my hunch appears to have been right when I opted for the '70
  13. Yes madly expensive, and I think for me thats over the point of diminishing returns. I would certainly buy waxes up to about £100 for my Zed, but I think after that I'm not totally convinced I'd notice a difference. Saying that if someone were to do my car with a very expensive wax, I could be swayed to a more expensive one if it was worth it. Afterall I used to say I wouldnt spend more than £30 on a wax and now use Dodo SN, which cost me about £70/tub
  14. Well I think you've definately not sold the Cayman to me. I could counter most of the points, but we'd be here forever. But from what I can see I'm very happy I didnt sink my money into a Cayman The wheels do look plain stupid though, the car sits so high on them! Main points to note for me - sounds like the brakes, seats, engine and handling are all worse than a 370z in that spec. Satnav, although sounds flashy, the Zed does all that too with Connect Premium, plus it now comes with a reversing camera. Interior, although better made in the Cayman, I just thought it was seriously boring I suspect it would be a different story with the Cayman S, but thats another league away in terms of price again.
  15. Yes. Quite a lot of pro detailers use it and also use much more expensive wax. BTW its a wax/glaze not a polish
  16. One thing I would say to watch with these things, is if you do claim, you may get backlisted if you claim too often. Insurers are getting very savvy with people claiming these things and have systems to spot the patterns. And if you get backlisted that will be it for ALL your insurance. House, life, car, the lot. A woman who use to work with my old man abused her insurance, got blacklisted and couldnt get insurance in her name for a good few years.
  17. Wasnt about when we made these threads +1 on the sunshine pic
  18. For some reason I find Merino or any other wool really itchy
  19. You have to be very quick to stop the flywheel being knackered when the clutch has gone. Most dont risk it and just order a flywheel anyway as if you get it all apart and dont have a flywheel, you will have to tear it all down again to change it later.
×
×
  • Create New...