Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. OK, one more try. Those with troubles, please try this URL and select Yes http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/ucp.php?mo ... te_cookies Not sure it will work though as people cant stay logged in
  2. Actually that will be very detrimental to the internet speed. The cab hardware will think that you have a crap line and will lower the speed in an attempt to make it more stable. You need to leave the router on all the time (as you'll well know) so that it can see its stable. Only in the first 10 days do you need to cycle it at max once a day to allow it to up the speed profile and test new faster speeds.
  3. Speed could be down to Sky using Local Loop Unbundling with their own equipement in the cab rather than BTs old cack, you get better speeds. Should have told BT you want Infinity for a fever a month (I got if from PlusNet being on their trial for £10/mo for life now as a thank you *whoop* )
  4. Tell him to try the www.370z-uk.net URL, if it still doesnt work then its his phone/browser
  5. What happened?
  6. Hope you dont pay their prices though! Price match everything otherwise RS is rather expensive.
  7. Chris`I

    ARC Bankrupt

    Closing down sale FTW. Bet it will all be gone before we even hear about it though!
  8. Chris`I

    ARC Bankrupt

    Been on the cards for a while from what I heard Stateside.
  9. Who says I dont get paid for it. Sure the forum doesnt pay for it, but I do quite a lot of it in office hours
  10. Its on the todo list
  11. I'm sure Google Analytics says otherwise - we are watching you
  12. Think we have it set to "forever" so they never expire.
  13. Maybe the engine needs a plenum spacer? OK, I'll stop now.
  14. Another one to try, if 350z-uk is broken try - www.370z-uk.net and log in via that. It creates a different cookie so should always work if you were using 350z-uk before
  15. You need to teach them the 2BM of washing And hope they use microfiber cloths too! Maybe if you detail it, the reduction in swirls will reduce drag as the surface is smoother?
  16. Well they never told us that. Maybe give Tim a shout?
  17. Really? It used to be 25 Did you tell them you're a mod on here?
  18. What wax to RB use Daryl? Must have something to make the cars faster, or does it add extra weight?
  19. This is true. You can also slacken it off via the adjuster under the ashtray, but its not a one man job to set it back after. I never managed to get my trim over the handbrake as it was always set properly by WLMG so wouldnt go anywhere near vertical
  20. Fecking AOL - why cant people follow standard
  21. I pretty much do the same thing as Rich - only I polish first then cleanse. No idea which way round is best, difference in results will be marginal at most - but its a good starting point. I find polish then cleanse gives me a glassier feeling paintwork, but that may be the cleanse leaving something behind that is glossy? No idea. Also worth noting, use the 2 bucket method for washing the car. No point doing all the prep to then bring the swirls back quicker. Remember with wax, any you can see is wasted as you will wipe it off. But you want to make sure all the paint is covered. So nice thin layer via applicator is the way to go. Not sure I agree with Megs, I have seen sample shots of where people have layered too much wax and it made the paint more yellow. Was on DW forums. Maybe if you try to layer with super thin layers you cant as the new layer will take off the old wax? I tend only to use one layer of DD SN these days and top up with DD Red Mist after each wash.
  22. This is going to open a whole can of worms. Engines are bench tested before they leave the factory, so IMO no they dont need bedding in when new. Other parts of the car do, brakes, tyres etc, which is why manufacturers dont want you booting it everywhere in the first few hundred miles. I see no problem in getting the engine fully warmed up and giving it a good old thrashing when new, so long as you build up to it when the engine is nice and warm. Put it this way, I wasnt even home before my 370z was nice and warm Theres actually evidence out there that suggests if you take it too easy when they are new that you will get sealing problems with the piston rings and such that you are more likely to suffer excessive oil use if the engine is nannied too much rather than booting it. Sure someone will be along to counter this argument though.
  23. As the others have said - prep is far more important. You will get a far better finish machine polishing the paint and using no wax or crap wax than you will with poor prep and concours wax. Get a Dodo panel pot and feel the difference. Its not about what you can see really, the wax is so thin you arent meant to see it. Its about the protection it offers. Sure DD SN is expensive but my last pot lasted me over 3yrs! Thats doing 2 cars regularly. No wax Megs or any other Halfrauds crap lasts that long. It also allows you to go upto 6 months without reapplying. Get the Dodo, do the prep properly, and you will be more than happy
×
×
  • Create New...