Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. This is true. You have 2 options if you really dont fit, either get a non-GT seat (non leather) as they are lower than the GT, or get an aftermarket which is lower again. In terms of aftermarket options, Recaro are a good choice (one that I made) and you can run these with Bride rails and make an excellent option altough more expensive than non-GT seats I would imagine (if you can find someone to swap with you). Make sure first that you adjust the seat adjusters all the way down as this will help. Aftermarket seats will be a good few inches lower though.
  2. 100% right Immy. When you hit smooth road, the car is quiet as anything. Softer bushes would probably be the real way to solve it but at the expense of handling. I think some quieter tyres will definately be the way to go after I sound deadened the hatch area and it didnt make anywhere near the difference it did in the 350z.
  3. And then theres us pottering around for an hour in the dark at Swinley Still a mix of Exposure Joysticks and Magicshine lights are a pretty good combo
  4. to the club
  5. Little gits changing things again. I want to know what the extra under body insulation is. Bet it doesnt make much difference They obviously have quite a few 40th Anniversary Edition wheels left too I like the look of it, but dont see how they can call it special edition by strapping some different colour wheels and some stickers to it and thats it. At least with the Ultimate you got all the mod cons included.
  6. A few of the car mags have said not to accept tyres over 2yrs old off the shelf. Good places shouldnt have old tyres as they will shift what they do have quite quickly and a good turn over so always have new tyres - places such as CamSkill should always give you newer ones for example. I forget how to check the age, but there is a code on the sidewall which gives the date of manufacture.
  7. That assumes (a) they care and ( they pay attention. IME they dont care and dont pay attention
  8. From what I remember it only turns off traction control, so it will allow the wheels to spin up in unison and doesnt cut power any more, but it keeps the actual ESP stuff on, which brakes the wheels individually to aid with stability. That is just what I recall though from a few years ago. More knowledgable people will be along to confirm (or deny!)
  9. As the others have said, use a bit of Quick Detailer after washing and drying. You can also use QD to get rid of watermarks from dribbles from the washer, but remember that the car might be dirty so you may inflict swirls into the paint as well as remove the water marks. Most of the time you are better off leaving it. Also if you have a good layer of protection, the water will run off better and less likely to leave water marks
  10. Looks great - very in keeping with the motorsport image of the Zed Get a few looks if it was a daily driver
  11. That will likely be the most up to date. SatNav hasnt changed from the MY10 car which was released here in roughly April 2010 IIRC and the car owner manual wont have changed since the MY09 car as the features bar SatNav havent been changed since the car was released Full service manual can be found here http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/370Z/Coupe/2010/
  12. Stillens figures are based on the US car which will have a slightly different map to the UK. I'd advise you also get your car mapped with UpRev if you want it to perform to its full potential
  13. 1. Wash - preferably with 2 buckets, one just water and one with soap. Rinse in water only first to remove most of the dirt then into the one with soap before washing the car. 2. Dry with towel - dab dont drag. Place towel on car and dab it down. 3. Polishing glaze. Do a panel at a time. 4. Wax - do a panel or 2 at a time. Let it haze over then wipe off. You will learn when it is hazed enough, leave it for about 10 mins at least in this weather. Apply it thin too. 5. Spay and shine. Leave the wax a good few hours to harden up before using this. If it were me, I'd leave it a few hours, layer up 2x wax, then wash again next week and top up using this spray. Wax once every 3-6 months, use the spray after each wash to keep shine topped up. Wheels - sealer and tyre shine afterward when the wheels are clean and dry Leather - use the cleaner first to remove dirt, then the care balm afterwards.
  14. +1 Boardmans are excellent bikes for the money, great bits of kit. You'll love that and the bigger bike to bits, all great fun. Take it easy on a 600CC, they are a lot more powerful than you might imagine, especially if you have mates that have 1000CC+ willy waving, a 600CC is more than enough to keep up with almost anything.
  15. One person can't watch 4 tills No but they are ususally a deterant to stop most people. From what I have seen in my local stores, there is usually a store detective/security station within a few meters with a few screens monitoring the CCTV. Remember they only have to watch the dodgy looking ones, they will assume most people are honest, just not John Barnes lookie likes
  16. Damn you found a way back in Dont worry, the weather is getting better now so I'll be out riding or messing with the car soon, so you can have the forum back to spam all you like.
  17. Sounds good. Cant make tomorrow, but we should arrange to all meet up at the next one
  18. Put it back now, didn't see people using it according to google analytics. Just trying to revamp the portal. Any ideas on what you'd like to see would be good
  19. Did people use it? I can reinstate it, doing an experiment to work out who noticed and if it's used
  20. Of course you should!
  21. Do you have it in writing that they were going to replace the discs or did they just say they would fix them? If you have it in writing and they havent changed them I'd demand they do. If you dont, then you'll have to ask nicely to get them replaced as if skimming the disc (their magic machine) can fix the disc if it only had DTV or pad build up on the disc. Read this and go back informed with this info from StopTech http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_wa ... disk.shtml
  22. Bump - events now added to Facebook so you can see who is attending the major events of the year
  23. As long as you have the better brakes on the front you should be fine, and make sure you change the pads whenever you change discs
  24. I dont like mixing with the great unwashed, so use Ocado most of the time and when I do have to go to an actual shop I want to be in and out before some mum of my mate when I was 5 sees me and wants to know my whole life story since my mum last saw her about 15 years ago Self scan FTW, its quick simple and easy (for us young-uns!)
  25. Happy Birthday Sarah
×
×
  • Create New...