Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. Space for any text from other posts......
  2. This is the problem, £20 will get you some of the way, but to really get the results you need, you require machinery. Pop into YouTube - polishing Aluminium and you'll see why machinery is needed. The initial process is by hand, but to get a top notch finish, our little blessed hands don't cut the mustard. By all means, have a bash, at least I respect you for giving it a go. Don't expect to get the results you want though over a weekend. Also as mentioned by AliveBoy, the pitting is the nightmare. These need to be removed to get a perfect finish. Then, to top the lot, you've got the awkward areas, which are truly a bastardo. Give it a bash and see how you fair. Happy to help with tips.
  3. Good luck - post pics of your progress
  4. £140 on an exchange basis. That's a good price! would probably cost not much less than that just to buy all the compounds, sand papers, discs etc! My setup costs were around £400, with mops, sand paper, bench polisher, compounds, flap wheels. There's an ongoing cost, but yeah when you look at the cost and the return, it's not profitable really, especially with the amount of time it takes.
  5. £140 on an exchange basis.
  6. Good news and bad news, I'm a bit snowed under at the minute. I almost have one finished, but it will be a couple of weeks away. Link is here : http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/57507-plenum-polishing-service-with-finished-pics/
  7. I'd say thousands spent on eBay to be totally honest.
  8. Might be the "other" one?
  9. No worries fella. Glad to help somebody out with a problem now and again, not all the time though
  10. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=311302580887 What a load of old tosh. He failed to mention how a RevUp earnt 100 additional horses over night. Condition is "Very Good" which then changes to "Good Condition" make your mind up! Red seats - red dye more like! Tuned by specialists......
  11. It's been done, I don't have a link, but seen many over in the US running those.
  12. Thanks everyone also. Should either fun, painful or annoying.
  13. Where are the instructions for banning somebody, it's 24hrs and there rife amongst us friendly folk. I'm sure you don't mean it Chris, you'd be more frustrated for not finishing
  14. There's no need to pick on Will, just because he's taller
  15. Sorry I know they had to increase the ceiling when you joined, have you seen the sloppy plastering as a result! Not sure where all the 350/370 budget went, but for sure wasn't on the plastering.
  16. All the best Andy, have they sorted out a smaller chair for you in the tea room?
  17. Oooooh two threads, nice, does that mean I can ditch one of them now with my new "POWER" - Dan go careful, I've been desperate to Ban you for years. Only kidding matey, I've grown to like you for some reason, not in THAT way of course, ever since the handbag situation! Thanks everyone, looking forward to being Green, done grey, done blue, onto Green, what next ha ha.
  18. Part of the engine wiring harness will be beneath the cover
  19. Google is your friend...... but as I've just sold mine, I've got recent pics.
  20. For plenum spacers yup
  21. I can supply just the strut spacers, send me a PM and I'll sort something out for you.
  22. I hope that wasn't aimed at me
  23. It's Kim's old car. (Chris's wife)
  24. That's put the mockers on it then!! Naaaah it's always sunny in the morning. You should know you're an early bird chappy
  25. That's what I had hoped Are you causing trouble AGAIN!
×
×
  • Create New...