Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. I can provide you a spacer AND a MREV 2!! http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/94770-fs-part-out-1-mrev2/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/71728-fsbatch-4-custom-anodised-plenum-spacers-170/ PM me for any specifics you may require.
  2. Sorry and I understand your circumstances, but this wreaks a bad finish. I've done spraying in a controlled (or as conteolled as possible bar using a bodyshop) and trust me contamination either airborn or product related is a nightmare. Good luck, but using a part and cleaning won't give you the finish you are looking to achieve. You might get super lucky, but if your prep isn't done right it will look worse. Top coat needs two weeks to harden properly. Have you considered this?
  3. That's be cause Abbey don't actually refurbish them. They send them away to another company.
  4. I personally wouldn't drive the car if you're half way through painting. Carbon materials (Brake dust) that your average wash/degrease will penetrate the paint. What you believe is clean could react with the top coat and/or lacquer when you come round to it. Base coat (instructions on the tin) will tell you the ideal drying time, and next application recommendations. Same with top coat, and/or lacquer.
  5. Very lucky escape, glad you're on subjected to minor injuries. Could have been a LOT worse. I had the same experience in the dark, luckily the deer managed to get across without hitting any bodywork. Again that was a 50-60mph incident on a sweeping bend. Animals are so stupid!!
  6. Seems People do bite quite quickly though... Phishing catches victims 'in minutes' http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-32285433 I hardly ever get stuff like this. I follow a few simple rules which include: when providing my email address I read the t&c's carefully and ensure I'm opted out of any marketing. Never open links from unreliable sources, if it's from a financial institute I do business with I will always go via the official website and not any links. Never publish my email address on public facing sites such as forums I honestly don't know how you guys all seem to have these problems Those who get these mails clearly click some of those "oooh la la la" sites! That's why Adrian has so many filtration measures in place with the amount of surfing he does
  7. You're definitely looking! No seriously I'm not here, or looking......
  8. Not looking
  9. PERFECT!!!!
  10. If she can work out my address then come on over! Edit - In fact it's probably a HE - in that case forget it!
  11. I am helping to build yours so it's hopeless for you really To be fair you'e done more than 2 other companies put together in a FRACTION of the time. The hard part was the easy part, but still, in a weekend with modifications. These two farty companies couldn't organise an empty drawer!! Wednesday tomorrow - fingers crossed on a date for collection!!
  12. I'm guessing you've not rolled your arches then? That's what you're looking for
  13. Think I'll mail her myself Sounds HOT!!
  14. Happy for you fella........ It'll probably drop a little more. What suspension are you running? Chris, I could do with that encouragement on my thread........
  15. Have ye faith, don't forget there's only 3 wires needed to get her started. I won't be a builder and seller, no way. Seems a pointless exercise to build and sell a car or parts at a loss. At least wait a couple of years then make a loss
  16. Well, I keep playing a video of my car from last year, which helps me through the hard times of missing her. Fair point, and I would technically be pulling my hair out, but I'm a fairly patient kind of guy, luckily. We set the completion date estimated at the end of April, which is now been moved to the end of June now. That's not to say we stand a chance of June, but we need to place a milestone even if there's a chance of missing it, otherwise it will be a year long project if we don't set a project end date. To be fair, the major part thus far is the headers and exhaust, and will be the 2nd most expensive part of the project. We have suppliers lined up for the next stage, but can't do anything until we get the car back. Ian has hit the nail on the head, frustrating, but when you have such specific work such as custom headers, custom built prop shaft, the resource for qualified companies means you're forced to wait. We are pushing said companies as hard as we can, and fingers crossed there's a fair chance of getting her back a week Friday'ish. Thing is, this project is unique and that's what keeps me going. I could just sell up, but that's being a defeatist and I'm one of the attitude "NEVER give up" I'm sure Chris will loan me his Go-Pro on the day of running...... Once I get a firm update I'll be the first to jump on here and scream Hallelujah!!
  17. You are dead right, and there's technically nothing new, although 3rd party work in progress. We already had a delay of 1 month before the guy even accepted the car to work on, it's now been 4 weeks, despite saying it will take 2-3 weeks. They have reported back the headers are done, exhaust is in progress. We are touching base on Wednesday with a view to getting a firm date for collection. Once collected, we will then be working connectivity of fluids, electronics and creating the list of custom parts needed to get the fluids (Brakes/Clutch/Coolant) all up and running. So that the minute, it's a bit quiet, and no real news to report. Although I'll add the pics from my Race Dash installation and work thus far.
  18. Facilities are a bonus, especially a bar ha ha. A view of the lake as we rise in the morning is a bonus too!!
  19. Even for a Campsite, in England?! Campsite south of France, I could possibly agree, but England...... I'll give the ones i've found a tinkle...... see what they say.
  20. Going to have a short break with the Mrs and our trusty tent We've chosen the Lake District during one of the busiest times of the year (May Bank Holiday) although we will be heading up on the Thursday and heading back on the Sunday to avoid the major traffic issues. There's a few campsites in and around Lake Windermere, but wanted to see if anyone here has stayed at any which are advertised. Reviews, issues, recommendations are always welcome.
  21. Will see how it goes Dave, I've put an element of sitting back but nothing major. If it's a little too far forward I can always make adjustments. I'm one for having the steering wheel fairly high up, so this should work in my favour.
  22. Okay here's a further update..... ABS in place. And my home made Dremel holder Test fit... Near on flush fit Problem with the support I've put back in, clashes with my electronic feeds. No problem dremel soon chomped into that!!
  23. Think I will actually, heading out to the tip later will get into B&Q or something. In fact Velcro could work as its going be recessed into ABS Plastic......
  24. So based on those pics I can now position it behind the brushed aluminium, and flush with the binnacle face. Just need to work out now how to fix it in place. The kit doesn't come with brackets and I don't want to glue or mould into place for re-sale purposes.
×
×
  • Create New...