-
Posts
13,804 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Wasso
-
I haven't seen a Zed for a few weeks and heap of them turn up in one day. The pics below were of a transporter ferrying cars south on the M40 this morning (very early I may add). Then on the rest of the journey I saw 3 blade 1 GM and one black. Couldn't get to flash my lights as I was too late but sure I got a wave from LY04 xxx blade heading north I believe near high Wycombe. It was a very popular day for the Zed family.
-
Dave you had to lower the tone didn't you
-
Nice video, I almost shed a tear... I love the way she just flings it round a corner sideways and just laughs Top girl... And who out there would like to date Sabine just to get on the track I want to get back to the ring NOW!!
-
That parachute clearly caused the car to swerve off, but have to say that's one hell of a crash!
-
I find that M3 drivers like to think they are wonderful, so it's S4 for me but as stated RS4 would be preferred.
-
These might taste nice?
-
I'm up for it as I'm at the limitations of my NOS and the next step is to forge although I really need to understand from my trusted mechanic what I should be looking for to suit the next size jets and beyond. To note I want to plan this for next year, if something does coming of this and we can obtain the right solutions then I suggest a slipper eating fest!
-
Sounds a great idea
-
I took gains from my Motordyne XYZ pipe
-
Taking the plenum spacer off is no problem as it sits freely between the upper and lower plenum, and doesn't require any type of sealant to maintain it's position once everything is in place. Once you remove the plenum spacer there is a thin metal gasket, this is used and put back on. It doesn't seem to corrode, and wasn't stuck down, so as easy as swapping the plenum spacer and can be used again with no fuss. The only thing to watch for being that it's fairly thin is that you don't bend the metal gasket once you re-sit it back on top of the lower plenum, as this could create an air leak. (They were notes on the Motorydyne instruction page on their site). All in all very easy, apart from detaching and attaching the various hoses that connect to the upper and lower plenum, they are to be honest the hardest parts of the install, because some of them are very hard to reach. Based on the cost of the plenum spacer and the lower plenum it gives noticable gains. Note: The MREV2 only gives benefit to 06+ onward vehicles.
-
I was going to have the Berk ones, but Mark couldn't get them. To be honest I'm very happy with the sound. I'd say a custom exhaust would be nice but not essential. Need to start saving pennies and pounds for next year
-
Stock box and Japspeed de-cats
-
You will want to head to MIJ performance then.... I am thinking of going there myself, they do some major one off jobs - check out their gallery. I have been recommended also to visit, although not actually used them as yet. http://www.mijperformance.com/
-
Sorry, yes I should have mentioned the representing lines of which was before and after, and like Darren say's the darker red line is with the MREV2. I might let you have a drive of her next time, that way you can experience the difference without a heavyweight passenger Just looking at the differences I can confirm from my stock reading (at the hubs) was 240.6 and now 262.6 - a gain of 22 hhp, with the conversion that makes a total gain of 25.7 bhp. To get that has required the install of Air Induction, Lower Plenum, Plenum Spacer, XYZ Pipe and De-cats. I'm hoping that with the Nitrous mapped in I should see around 313 at the hubs Although the sound and pick up at 4k is sensational.... just can't wait for the NOS to be running again Anyone fancy sponsoring me for a stroker kit???
-
Herewith below some nice pics of my MREV2 Lower Plenum install. I undertook the install with my own bare hands!! Since purchasing the Zed I've been a tad worried about working on this fine specimin of an engine, although after purchasing my shinny plenum, I had a go at fitting with no issues. Then I thought okay, stage two, the lower plenum. So with a torque wrench in hand and various other tools I set out to remove my upper plenum and then my lower plenum. Did I find it difficult, no, not really, although did I ever think I could put my un-mechanical hands to this job six months ago, well no!! But after enough reading and dutch courage I set about removing the necessary.... Engine nice and clean - all bolted together before my dreaded socket set and torque wrench!! Engine cover off! Upper and lower plenum off!! MREV2 Lower Plenum installed Upper plenum installed again with air induction etc Car is now back together again.... Hey guess what - I even have some dyno charts to accompany this fine work. Thanks again to Mark @ Abbey for working on my car, especially as we were planning on mapping the Nitrous with the lower plenum, although Mark found an issue with the NOS controller (long story). But thanks again Mark for your dedication to trying to fix the issue. So the below charts represent the power gains of the lower plenum, although without any Nitrous readings for now. (I guess that means another visit to Abbey )
-
The bottle will only hold the fluid, so not massively important. I'll be using mine on Sunday.
-
Here is a couple of pics this morning showing the effect I'm getting from my 3rd brake light. So when you're gauging the brightness take into account night time driving when the light refraction obscures your rear view vision.
-
Thanks Mark.... I was actually thinking the other day of selling up, including selling all engine mods and then with the money and savings from selling a 56 and purchasing an older import. Then the cash left over I could hmmmmm I wonder..... I should just be happy with what I've got, but it's the forums fault and now your's that I want more power!!!!
-
Hmmmm nice figures then..... where the hell did my ponnies go, or is my Air Induction really causing the issue here?? Your car is only a year older than mine, so how the heck have I only gained 4bhp after Uprev and mods?? I'm seeing Mark on Saturday, might ask some questions.... He's mapping in my lower plenum, lets see if that gives any more beans...
-
I have lived to learn that getting power out of the car N/A is a nightmare.... FI is to be honest the only sure way of getting there quickly. Don't forget although you are bound to have lost a few ponies along the way, so you are probably looking at getting some serious add-ons which cost bucks to reach the 300bhp mark. To achieve 300bhp on my 296 model (which sounds daft to gain 4bhp) with pony losses (16bhp) I had to install the following: Motordyne XYZ Pipe De-cats Plenum Spacer Air Induction (whether this gained or lost power is another question). Nitrous at 25 shot has given me around the 331bhp mark Nitrous at 75 shot has given 362bhp hubs were producing 309.7hhp If you want to tighten the car up - the Uprev is probably your best money spent.
-
I live in Crowthorne. Hi! Not me either I live in Birmingham, oh damn I've got Azure not blade... Def weren't me then
-
Name listing updated 29/10/10
-
You just want to avoid purchasing the magazine don't you Yes nice one Taddy, I'll be locating the mag for a read through.....
-
Do you mean November??
-
Noooo but get to 350 and you get a club sticker. (but you should have bought one of them already)[cheapest and best mod] Neither did I, although I'd already purchased 3 from rtbiscuit! I think new prizes for levels of deidcation are required....